Main Menu

DCS Hacked?

Started by Nefaro, October 30, 2014, 10:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rekim

Also received the email and updated my password via the website.

There was some good news though. Noticed my key for the Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst has appeared, and suspect the beta build should now be available for d/l.

Rekim

no luck grabbing the Me109 files. I noticed a release date of Nov 14 on the website so shouldn't be too far off now.

Tuna

Yay, I just got my 'ignore' email.. so don't feel left out.. even though I didn't get the first email..

jomni

So someone is messing with our accounts again?
In an unrelated note, recently, my Antivirus (avira) flagged some DCS A-10 files as potential threats. I have no choice but to quarantine them.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on November 20, 2014, 08:14:56 PM
So someone is messing with our accounts again?
In an unrelated note, recently, my Antivirus (avira) flagged some DCS A-10 files as potential threats. I have no choice but to quarantine them.

No.  ED sent an email saying "we accidentally sent you password change request emails.  Don't worry."  So someone running their site is just flipping the wrong switches, when doing something.

I'd estimate that your AV program is giving you false positives.  Sometimes happens with games that have more draconian DRM contained within.  Such as the kind that checks for hardware changes.  Those have a higher tendency to get flagged in the AV heuristic scans.