"Nobody buys Cowboys any more!"

Started by Father Ted, December 04, 2014, 05:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 05, 2014, 12:35:18 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 05, 2014, 12:08:17 PMy'all should check out today's GARPA

Quote from: MengJiao on December 05, 2014, 12:32:58 PMScramble for Africa?  Right time period, wrong continent?

Today's GARPA, not yesterday's AAR :)

Wait!  No!  Wait.  Okay.  I see it.  Shotguns and Sorcery.  Sounds promising.

I still think a Commanchero Skyrim would be entertaining.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 05, 2014, 12:40:41 PM
sigh...

I saw it, Brant.

Not everyone here is legally blind yet.  :)  Although the "Shotguns and Sorcery" label kinda caught my attention first, admittedly.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Nefaro on December 05, 2014, 02:03:30 PMAlthough the "Shotguns and Sorcery" label kinda caught my attention first, admittedly.

Forbeck does top-class work.  I would reflexively recommend pretty much anything he's had a hand in.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Father Ted

Good lot of ideas!  I knew about Call of Juarez, but I thought I'd read somewhere that it had some issues.  Although I like the idea of an RPG, what I really had in mind was a Counterstrike-type affair  -Lawmen v Outlaws in a series of small maps with different mission-types.

Nefaro

Quote from: Father Ted on December 05, 2014, 02:31:55 PM
Good lot of ideas!  I knew about Call of Juarez, but I thought I'd read somewhere that it had some issues.  Although I like the idea of an RPG, what I really had in mind was a Counterstrike-type affair  -Lawmen v Outlaws in a series of small maps with different mission-types.

Didn't Paradox have some little multi-player western shooter?

Yep.. here it is.  Lead & Gold.   

Never got it, but it did look kinda fun for some more straightforward multi-player fps with a bit of theme.   Anyone else try it?

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on December 05, 2014, 02:44:47 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on December 05, 2014, 02:31:55 PM

Never got it, but it did look kinda fun for some more straightforward multi-player fps with a bit of theme.   Anyone else try it?

Weird.  It's like nobody buys cowboys anymore.  Kinda sad really.

Nefaro

Quote from: MengJiao on December 05, 2014, 03:03:23 PM

Weird.  It's like nobody buys cowboys anymore.  Kinda sad really.

Cowboys are expensive now? 

;D

Father Ted

Close...but no cigarillo between clenched teeth: 3rd person

Steelgrave

Quote from: Father Ted on December 05, 2014, 05:57:34 PM

And power ups and console crap....I really want some RPG elements.

steve58

...OK, certainly off topic, but this thread made me think of this song.

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Bardolph

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 05, 2014, 06:00:48 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on December 05, 2014, 05:57:34 PM

And power ups and console crap....I really want some RPG elements.

Was on Steam looking up reviews for Lead & Gold (which appears to be dead, Jim) and ran across this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/265630/?snr=1_5_9__300

Which upon further reading may not be all that great lol.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bardolph on December 05, 2014, 09:37:55 PM

Was on Steam looking up reviews for Lead & Gold (which appears to be dead, Jim) and ran across this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/265630/?snr=1_5_9__300

Which upon further reading may not be all that great lol.

Looks like a rather simple strafe-happy multiplayer FPS.  But it's Free so worth a try, right?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Less frettin' more shootin' fellers in the face.