Your own...personal...FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, December 12, 2014, 06:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I feel pretty confident about finishing out Ascension to the Throne this weekend, which is not a sentence I ever thought I would type WHY IS IT I CANNOT STOP PLAYING THIS MEDIOCRE TACTICAL 3PG!?

Was also thinking about running through the Battle for Middle Earth campaign again, in honor of the (probably final) PJ Tolkien movie soon, Anguille. Wish I could get my niece(s) into this version of the game, but she (and to a lesser extent her sister who is still a bit too young even then) prefers Lego LotR, which is understandable. Will probably also mess around some more in the Shire in Lotro moving the side plots along, though I'm trying to save the non-combat plots for the niece.

What mods are you using for State of Decay, Shelldrake? I keep wanting to go back to that someday (I presume from the persistent afk world my group has long since died in my first campaign, but I barely started so no worries ;) ). Just been too distracted by other shinys.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

Continue PBEM PON with UCG and SDR

Definitely lots of War Thunder!

Not sure what else..

Shelldrake

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 12, 2014, 12:27:35 PM

What mods are you using for State of Decay, Shelldrake? I keep wanting to go back to that someday (I presume from the persistent afk world my group has long since died in my first campaign, but I barely started so no worries ;) ). Just been too distracted by other shinys.

I found some mods over on Nexus that look useful. I don't have the list in front of me but one stopped zed from running (I like my zombies to shamble) and the others added a crossbow, allowed more backpacks to be stored in a pickup truck and modified lighting and shadows.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Anguille

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 12, 2014, 12:27:35 PM
Was also thinking about running through the Battle for Middle Earth campaign again, in honor of the (probably final) PJ Tolkien movie soon, Anguille. Wish I could get my niece(s) into this version of the game, but she (and to a lesser extent her sister who is still a bit too young even then) prefers Lego LotR, which is understandable.
Hope you still manage to do that...  ;)

Arctic Blast

I'll be taking on the game of Christmas toy shopping. If I survive that ordeal, my massive stack of board games will get some table time. Viticulture, Steam Park, Libertalia, Mississippi Queen and Age of Empires III are at the top of the stack.

PC-wise, more Far Cry 4.

Kushan

EUIV Austria - See how long it will be before France tries to take Burgundy from me.

World of Warcraft - Half a level from level 100.

Xenonauts

Distant Worlds AAR

Sunday I'll be axiously watching my fantasy football team to see if I advance to the final game for the first time.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Gusington

Marilyn Manson covered Personal Jesus? The horror.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on December 12, 2014, 03:28:20 PM
1.)  Given you & I listen to the same type of music (especially back when we were younger), how the hell did you not know this??   

2.)  Even if the above were not true, given Manson's...predilections, can you really say it surprises you?  ::) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

I thought it was DM, never knew it was a jonny cash cover

mirth

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 12, 2014, 04:03:42 PM
I thought it was DM, never knew it was a jonny cash cover

It is DM's song. Cash was one of many to cover it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

That's nothing. This, my friend, is true horror

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Skwerl

I finally figured how to get DosBox to work (through D-Fend Reloaded - which I highly recommend), so I'll be playing Age of Rifles and Fantasy General.  Maybe a bit of Hell and Pike and Shot tomorrow.

Gusington

True horror is manifesting in this thread.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on December 12, 2014, 04:31:47 PM

That's nothing. This, my friend, is true horror

That is just... lame. The Spirit of Fair Use is off somewhere feeling violated and sobbing pitifully .
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

JD!  You lucky duck!  You guys are getting The Hobbit a couple of days before us.  December 17 is the release date here.  I'll be going next weekend, so, your impressions will be welcome.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob