Steam 2014 Winter Sale

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 18, 2014, 09:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Saw some rumors posted the sale might be starting today....here we go again...

Have to admit, didn't really buy anything major during the last sale so not sure if I am really looking forward to anything, besides watching everyone else spend their money:)

BanzaiCat

I've gone a little nutso with board games...I think I was overcompensating for a particularly scary moment when I thought we'd have no cash for presents for anyone, not even the kids, but then things turned around and we suddenly did. The FF sale was one particular culprit - I got 7 games for just over a hundred bucks, games that would have cost me well over 400 or 500 dollars I think. Then my mother told me for *my* Christmas, to use her CC to buy what I wanted off of Amazon to a certain limit. I grabbed five other games I'd been wanting.

I know, I'm an addict...and I admit it.

Regardless I won't have any chance of getting Steam games, and honestly, I have zero business doing that after this haul I'm getting for Christmas.

Admittedly, though, many of the games I bought (90% of 'em) I got so my kids and I could play together, and a couple are for them directly for part of their Christmas. I have only two games out of all that, that are solitaire - DDay Tarawa and Shadows of Brimstone, but technically the latter can be played with up to 4. Just a bonus it can be solitaire. :)

Steam sale, do your worst. I will do my best to ignore thee.

Asid

"Eurogamer can confirm that the Steam Holiday Sale will run from Thursday, 18th December at 6pm GMT until Friday, 2nd January 2015."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-11-steam-holiday-sale-starts-18th-december

Hide the CC and if you can't ...put it in the freezer to cool down  ;D
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

BanzaiCat

So...noonish today for those of us in the CST, eh?

Uhh...not that I'm going to look.  O:-)

steve58

Got my Steam Wish List updated so hopefully I'll get some warnings when what I want goes on sale.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Civilisation:Beyond Earth
F1 2014
Rugby Union Team Manager 2015

Those are the only 3 on my radar...not necessarily the only ones I'll buy - but the only 3 I'm actively looking at
Alba gu' brath

Cyrano

Game ON.

My Christmas vacation began TODAY and I have near $100 in gift cards from a family that has long tired of my habit of buying what I want immediately upon release...

Tee-hee.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

Yep, it's up though Steam is running slow (go figure).

BanzaiCat

I'm...somewhat underwhelmed by this "sale."

Rome II is cheap, but that's about the only thing. And I know my rig doesn't have the horsepower to run it (well).

Grim.Reaper

MS Flight Simulator X for only $4.99 is very intriguing....

Toonces

If anyone sees Wargame Red Dragon for sale, please give out a shout.  I'd like to get it under $20, preferably in the $10 range.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

sandman2575

it's all about the limited-time 'flash sales / featured deals', IMO.  That's where you find the real steals.  I'd leap at Hegemony Rome for $4.49 if I didn't already own it...

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Toonces on December 18, 2014, 01:09:08 PM
If anyone sees Wargame Red Dragon for sale, please give out a shout.  I'd like to get it under $20, preferably in the $10 range.

It's showing as $19.99.

Couldn't get to the page because Steam's throwing up errors now due to "heavy load."

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Toonces on December 18, 2014, 01:09:08 PM

can't beat $13 from here....

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/wargame-red-dragon/