Steam 2014 Winter Sale

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 18, 2014, 09:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman2575

Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 18, 2014, 02:48:13 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on December 18, 2014, 02:27:25 PM
I wish Steam let you sort games on sale by discount (the way you can on GamersGate). With these sales being so common these days, I kinda feel like, if it's not at least 66% off or more, I'm not biting. But I want to be able to easily find which titles have the biggest discounts --

C'mon, Gabe, get on that.

I know it isn't the same but you can sort your wishlist by price.

Which would be fine except I need a "Under $15" option, not just "Under $10" and "Under $5". For whatever strange reason, "Under $15" is the "OK now I'll definitely buy even though I'm kinda lukewarm about the whole thing" price-point.

So when I filter on Steam with "Under $10," in the back of my mind is always the suspicion, "Yes, but what amazing $10-14.99 deals am I missing out on?"

....are there psychiatrists out there who can treat the Steam dysfunctional among us?  'cause I'd like their number if so.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Tpek on December 18, 2014, 02:52:20 PM
Meh...
Pretty much the exact same underwhelming sale that "ended" about a week or two ago  :P
Yep - F1 2014 and Civ Beyond Space are the same price they were in that sale.

Oh well...wait and see. F1 2014 is meant to have a new version next year anyway and this version is meant to be a cut down version
Alba gu' brath

Lord Zimoa

Huge holidays sale discount on the Panzer Corps series at Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/268400

Bardolph

I wish Steam let you sort games on sale by discount (the way you can on GamersGate). With these sales being so common these days, I kinda feel like, if it's not at least 66% off or more, I'm not biting. But I want to be able to easily find which titles have the biggest discounts --

This might help:

http://steamdb.info/sales/

sandman2575

Quote from: Bardolph on December 18, 2014, 03:52:45 PM

This might help:

http://steamdb.info/sales/

Very cool! Didn't know about this.  Many thanks   :)

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 18, 2014, 02:02:57 PM
Import your wishlist into Is There Any Deal; they're much better at doing this, plus you can customise the level of discount you receive warnings about, etc.

Just got a notification from IsThereAnyDeal.  37 games on my waitlist are on sale.

...shit.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Lord Zimoa on December 18, 2014, 03:36:40 PM
Huge Usual holidays sale discount on the Panzer Corps series at Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/268400

I'm not sure Matrix marketing understands yet what a "huge" sale on Steam is. ;) But it's nice that the usual Matrix holiday sale is extending out that way, too. (Keeping in mind I've bought an utter ton of Matrix games over the years, not always during the Christmas sales either! I just didn't want to get people's hopes up.)

50% off on Panzer Corps, 25 to 30% off on assorted standalone/expansions. However, if you don't have any of the Grand Campaign packs yet (which, keep in mind, ignores Afrika Corps), that pack is effectively 40% off the regular price of buying them individually together, so to speak. (But if, like me, you already have a few of them, it might be better to buy them separately. Not sure, haven't checked.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 18, 2014, 06:41:23 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 18, 2014, 02:02:57 PM
Import your wishlist into Is There Any Deal; they're much better at doing this, plus you can customise the level of discount you receive warnings about, etc.

Just got a notification from IsThereAnyDeal.  37 games on my waitlist are on sale.

...shit.

Gusington

Downloading Hegemony: The Rise of Caesar right now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

downloading TeeHee: The Rise of Gus
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Cyrano

There is mockery when Gus rises?

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

GDS_Starfury

there is no mockery when Gus rises.
just the screams of nubile debutantes.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Cyrano

I am way to screwed up at the moment to handle this sort of thing...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

GDS_Starfury

my previous post was on the wrong spot on the slide projector.   ::)