Is anyone else puzzled by Pdox's half-hearted 'rollout' of Hearts of Iron IV?

Started by sandman2575, February 05, 2015, 12:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman2575

Yeah, official mod tools for HoI4 could really be huge. Folks are going to go to town on this -- exciting!

Ian, did you create any mods for previous HoI games? If so, which mods?

Ian C

Quote from: sandman2575 on April 18, 2016, 03:29:23 PM
Ian, did you create any mods for previous HoI games? If so, which mods?

Yes - the Clear Map Mod and the first swastika mod for HOI3. In the past I've also modded Superpower 1 & 2, Star Wars Empire at War, and a few others including all of the Making History series.

If I do any kind of modding for HOI4, it will be realism mods. I think other people more skilled than I am have got that covered though.

sandman2575

Cool. Do you recommend the Making History games, by the way? I have both MHII and The Great War, but honestly have never delved into either -- might be a nice way to tide over the excruciating wait til HOI4 comes out  :)

Ian C

Quote from: sandman2575 on April 18, 2016, 03:40:21 PM
Cool. Do you recommend the Making History games, by the way? I have both MHII and The Great War, but honestly have never delved into either

Full disclosure - I have content in both those games which I was paid for. That aside, they are, to quote someone else, 'like Axis & Allies on steroids'.
They are very different games from HOI and have given me a lot of fun over the years. I also respect the people behind it, who are some of the nicest and best people on the planet.

Pete Dero

bobarossa

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 19, 2016, 03:04:59 PM
Tomorrow on twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

14:30 CEST : World War Wednesday -> Hearts of Iron IV
For we chronically chronologically challenged US types, I think that is 8:30 Eastern Daylight Time.

Pete Dero

Quote from: bobarossa on April 19, 2016, 03:42:18 PM

14:30 CEST : World War Wednesday -> Hearts of Iron IV

For we chronically chronologically challenged US types, I think that is 8:30 Eastern Daylight Time.

Correct : ( http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html )

Brussels (Belgium)               20 april 2016, 14:30:00 CEST  UTC+2 hours
New York (USA - New York)  20 april 2016, 08:30:00 EDT    UTC-4 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT)    20 april 2016, 12:30:00