Main Menu

Battlelore:Command

Started by tgb, April 03, 2015, 01:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

Being the sucker for digital board games that I am, I picked this up yesterday from Steam for $10, and I'm digging it so much I already dropped another $3 on the DLC.

If you're not familiar with the Fantasy Flight board game, the elevator pitch would be Memoir '44 in a fantasy universe. It's highly polished and a lot of fun.  There's a single player campaign, which seems to be pretty heavily scripted, skirmish mode, and multiplayer vis hot seat and their server.  No asynch play, which is a shame, since that would complement it perfectly.

And for those of you on the "Tom Chick is an ass" train, he hates it and gave it a single star, so that should seal the deal.

Boggit

I trust you tgb... O0 I'm buying - not least because my kids are badgering me for it too! ::)

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Tom Chick?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

tgb

Quote from: Boggit on April 03, 2015, 11:17:38 AM
I trust you tgb... O0 I'm buying - not least because my kids are badgering me for it too! ::)

Tom Chick

Staggerwing

Quote from: tgb on April 03, 2015, 11:52:11 AM
Quote from: Boggit on April 03, 2015, 11:17:38 AM

Tom Chick

And no relation to Chick Tract Publications (I hope... :o)

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

FarAway Sooner

I had the First Edition board game and was very impressed by it, although I had a hard time finding people to play it much so didn't get to play with the more advanced rule sets.  It's an intriguingly simple yet deep game system.

gameleaper

thanks tgb I have the BattleCry boardgame, Im sure Battlelore is a modified system, and it looks great thanks

Boggit

I've played a bit, and it's quite fun. My kids really like it, so thanks tgb for the heads up! O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

tgb