Zulu Response -- An Indie FPS

Started by steve58, May 29, 2015, 01:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Saw this mentioned over at Matrixgames.   Could be interesting...   Its still in Alpha and release date is TBD.

In Zulu Response play either as a British soldier or Zulu warrior in first person in a tactical game for singleplayer or 8 person Mulitplayer.

The game is based off true stories from the African Zulu wars of 1879 where each player has a number of intelligent AI and reserves they command.

As Zulu, having defeated the British at Isandlwana can you find the British and Lt. Melville and stop him from escaping with the Regimental Colour (flag)?

At Rorkes Drift can the surrounded British hold off the attacking Zulu ?

With gameplay and maps based off true stories from the war, the various player classes have differing skills and abilities and with our configurable game options, adjust realism settings including those for weapons, movement and tiredness during battle.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/zulu-response
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Slick Wilhelm

I'll buy anything based on the Anglo-Zulu wars, simply because they are so few and far between. I hope this one turns out to be a good one!

Does anyone know who this developer is, and his/her history, or previous games?

spelk

OMG

*faints*

I'm SO there. My DREAM game!

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

BanzaiCat

Pretty cool, but hopefully it gets a little more exciting than that. Mostly it was a bunch of Zulus hanging around at the wall and a few Brits standing around holding their rifles. A little action but kinda 'meh'. I wonder if they were mostly bots or all humans?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Perfect platform for a Custer's Last Stand mod

spelk

Jomni, have you played Darkest of Days, that has a bit of Custers Last Stand at the beginning of the game.. then it all gets a bit sci-fi ACW and WWI after that. :)

Greybriar

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on May 29, 2015, 03:47:14 PM
I'll buy anything based on the Anglo-Zulu wars, simply because they are so few and far between....

Are you familiar with ZuluWar!? It's an old game by Jeff Lapkoff who also designed and developed The Drift 1879, The Alamo!, Custer's Last Command, and several other PC games.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

amandachen

As long as it's nothing like Custer's Revenge.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

amandachen

Damn it. Gus needs to carry a trigger warning.

Gusington

I already do. Everyone ignores it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on May 31, 2015, 04:56:20 PM
I already do. Everyone ignores it.

True conversation in the SirD household...

Wife walks past with the screenshot from Custer's Revenge pulled up

Wife:  Wtf is that on your computer screen?
Me: Get me my federal officers jacket out of closet, meet me in the bedroom and I'll show you.

Of course this conversation only works because I'm a reenactor and actually have a union officers jacket in a closet.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd