FRIDAY was Shot Down by the Europeans

Started by WYBaugh, July 24, 2015, 09:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WYBaugh

Sad when someone from the states has to create the thread.

bobarossa

Where's the video?  It's not a Friday thread without a video!

undercovergeek

you need a video, a linked theme in the thread title and a capital FRIDAY!!!!

like most things the Europeans wanted to give you a chance and were waiting for you to catch up

:P

undercovergeek

thatll do - its better than the old, weird moustachioed warblers of the 70s that MD usually posts

now you just need to say what youll be playing!

Sir Slash

You bunch of Flyboys! The weekend is here and it's crappy weather in Fla. so play, I say. I shall "Rule The Waves" or sink under them as Italy beating-up on Austria but there's a new Area Of Recruitment mod for Attila that's calling my name. Louder and louder in fact. The way my wife does when she wants something non-game related me to do. Nice at first, then louder and faster before things begin to be thrown. Luckily, she's a terrible aim and I sit close to expensive breakable things. Happy Gaming Weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

What will you guys do when you run out of videos?  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

My wife is going out of town for the weekend, so there WILL be games.

Mostly VPG stuff as I have some reviews and AARs to get going. Astra Titanus to be sure; Cruel Necessity most likely; Bulge 20 perhaps...

Also some Game of Thrones on Steam (finally bit the bullet and grabbed it as it's 50% off this weekend, and nearly complete - my kids were very jealous of me, lol), and some Warhammer 40K Armageddon to see what that's all about...

MengJiao

Quote from: bbmike on July 24, 2015, 09:49:33 AM
What will you guys do when you run out of videos?  ::)

Record your own?  My wife is making a documentary about me.  Horribly funny so far.  No games have been harmed in the recording sessions yet.  So I will be trying to play some respectable games this weekend while the cameras roll:

Board games -- respectable by their very nature as map-like objects surrounded by legalistic verbiage AND gambling equipment.
   Vassal ---------- as respectable as email
   Flight sims ----- I will be wearing headphones and what's more respectable than somebody who can't hear anything you say to them?
   Attila ----------- Headphones!!!

Toonces

I also have a glorious family-free weekend up so I will be gaming my bum off.

First, I don't see any way I won't be going all-in on ARMA 3, especially on the King of the Hill servers. 

Next, I will likely knock out a few more games in Axis Football.

I have the HOTAS set up and I have a strong desire to get back into a good flight sim, so IL-2, WoFF, DCS, or BMS Falcon are potential games.

Finally, I'm considering really trying to learn a tank sim, either Steel Beasts Pro or Steel Armor.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

KyzBP

I finally got my WitP:AE turn out to UCG.  Between the actual game and the AAR there's so little time for anything else, including meals, sleep, and work.

And in a completely random video post, here's one of my favorite "Get Me Motivated" songs. 

I really want to sneak in some OOTP 16.  We'll see how forgiving UCG is on that.

Boggit

Quote from: KyzBP on July 24, 2015, 10:24:18 AM
I finally got my WitP:AE turn out to UCG.  Between the actual game and the AAR there's so little time for anything else, including meals, sleep, and work.

And in a completely random video post, here's one of my favorite "Get Me Motivated" songs. 

I really want to sneak in some OOTP 16.  We'll see how forgiving UCG is on that.
Do you and Geek know what you've let yourself in for? Attilla60 and Jejo68 have been playing their MP game for over 4 years now - I kid you not! :o
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

Sort of undecided. May mess around some more in the half-dreadful Godzilla VS. I bought yesterday for $50 (after already knowing the game was at least under-developed); but it's making me want to play Kaiju-a-Go-Go, which in turn makes me wish GVs was better...  :-\

Still about half a game of Far Cry 4 to go; may get back to it.

May try to write up the next phase of my "Volunteers AAR" from a 1st Bull Run mod for Take Command 2.

I feel kind-of Warhammery but don't quite know what to go with there. Space Hulk: Ascension perhaps, or one of SH's competitors. Possibly look into "Survive Harder Season 3" for the AAR series I wrote in Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition. Warhammer: Regicide (chess+) is only around $15 right now, but I'm not sure it's out of Early Access yet. I can't help but wish Mordheim's beta development would move along faster; I already bought into that, and don't regret doing so yet, but it still feels too incomplete to really enjoy. I don't feel it's time yet to go back to "PanzOrc Corpz Generals", the AAR I was doing for Fantasy Wars (having storied up half the campaign), but after all it's basically Warhammer miniatures mixed with Panzer General. I'm still occasionally plugging along on the 3PShooter Space Marine, but I have a hard time appreciating that game for some reason. Maybe go back to WH40K: Armageddon?

Felt a bit Spidermannish after beating Arkham Knight a few weeks back; I've got a replay of Web of Shadows I'm around 3/4 complete on, but I felt more like starting a new run on Shattered Dimensions, so I'm around 1/8th into that already. May do some more of either.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

KyzBP

Quote from: Boggit on July 24, 2015, 10:34:46 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on July 24, 2015, 10:24:18 AM

Do you and Geek know what you've let yourself in for? Attilla60 and Jejo68 have been playing their MP game for over 4 years now - I kid you not! :o

Honestly, the game turns aren't that bad and can usually be knocked out in less than 30 minutes.  The AAR however, is an insatiable beast.

Boggit

Multiplayer
4 Field of Glory games on with Sauron, IMC, and another of my gaming friends titusgroan
1 game of Commander: the Great War with Sauron
1 game of JTS' First World War with Cyrano (He's playing Johnny Turk, while I play the Wallabies in our ongoing Anzac Campaign) - and he kicked my ar*e pretty hard in our last scenario, so the upcoming game has the ANZAC's honour at stake!

Single Player
I need to get some time in with AGEOD's TEAW, and NWS' RTW, which at first sight is looking fascinating.
If I get the chance I might get a bit further on with JTS' Normandy '44 Full alt campaign with me playing 'Les amis' against the Nazi horde, and some Combat Mission. I've also been playing FTL as a quickie game - that is a lot of fun.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat