You've Lost That Friday Feeling....

Started by JudgeDredd, July 31, 2015, 03:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

@Steve58: My impression is that the Japanese cruiser line gets much better after Tier 5 with the Aoba and Myoko at Tiers 6 and 7. Think the best you can do is to just power through or convert Elite ships XP to free xp and buy your way through it. Still getting to Tier 6 requires quite a few games to be played no matter how you choose to do it.

I'm happy I went up to the Cleveland in the US cruiser line first. Gives me the Omaha and Phoenix as Elite ships and I love to play both of them. I also do a fair bit of seal clubbing in my two tier 1 gun boats.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Yskonyn

I'll be busy with ARK: Survival Evolved, Combat Missions, RaceRoom Racing Experience and iRacing.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 31, 2015, 03:15:16 AM
And on Sunday I have a Welcome Home family BBQ for my daughter coming back from her travels around Europe. She was only away 3 weeks - but it felt like a lifetime.

Awww!  Ya big softy! :)

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 31, 2015, 01:28:33 PM
And the rest of the time I'll probably be killing Bob, huw, gus and other forumites in rim world again

Wut?  Rim World?  What's this?

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Huw the Poo

Ha!  I'm famous and didn't know it!  Thanks MD. O0

*grabs popcorn*

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on July 31, 2015, 03:31:57 PM
Probably some WoWS...that said, @Nefaro/Kushan, the The Furutaka was exactly where I was heading next :-\...hope it doesn't take me forever to gain enough XP to get past it  :(

Well... the Furutaka is probably the only bad spot in that line.  As Kushan mentioned, there are some nice cruisers after that. 

I've done pretty well, on average, with the next one in line - Aoba.  But the next two tiers after Aoba look like they could be superb.

panzerde

Off to GenCon for part of the day and then beer drinking with a buddy I haven't seen for about a year. Probably not much actual gaming though I'm sure I'm about to buy games.

Most of my PBEM games are on vacation right now with Jim touring Britannia and Belgium. Tuna and I have been wailing on each other at 2nd Manassas in Tiller's Antietam game; I'm sure we'll trade turns. Hoping to recover enough mental energy today after a long week to actually want to play something. I did manage to play an hour or so of Pillars of Eternity last night.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JasonPratt

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 31, 2015, 06:07:17 PM
Ha!  I'm famous and didn't know it!  Thanks MD. O0

*grabs popcorn*

It ends in fire.

Not that that should be a spoiler, under the circumstances.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Yskonyn on July 31, 2015, 04:38:22 PM
I'll be busy with ARK: Survival Evolved

I picked this up on sale a few weeks ago, but haven't done much in it yet other than mess around for half an hour and get destroyed by several dinos. I may or may not have pooped slightly during one or two of those incidents.

Anyone else gotten this yet?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tinkershuffle

I just finished the first mission in CMBS Russian campaign and can't help falling in love with those BMP-3s!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on August 01, 2015, 01:27:51 PM
I just finished the first mission in CMBS Russian campaign and can't help falling in love with those BMP-3s!

Wait til they meet a Bradley

Gusington

Finally advanced a few levels and got the hang of combat and upgrades in Ryse - Son of Rome. Starting to really enjoy it.

Now on to begin a modded Attila campaign as the Vandals :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tinkershuffle

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 01, 2015, 02:33:11 PM
Quote from: Tinkershuffle on August 01, 2015, 01:27:51 PM

Wait til they meet a Bradley

Well, they probably will in the final missions of the campaign but otherwise I think I'll stick with Ukraine-Russia battles for a while now, it feels a more balanced match up and that's why also more interesting one than playing with/against the US forces.

Tosh

Tis-100 and Infinifactory until my brain hurts, which will happen fairly quick.

Continuing my test campaign in Colonial Conquest.

I would like to start a new campaign in Massive Chalice, -a game that I really like-, but that´s unlikely to happen due to my
resticted gaming time in the foreseeable future.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tosh on August 01, 2015, 05:02:14 PM
Tis-100

How are you finding it?  I think it could be a real gem if I could only be bothered to learn how to play it.  I think I'm going to need to take drastic action - playing it in windowed mode with the manual PDF open next to it!  :o