You take my FRIDAY and I'll take yours too!

Started by MetalDog, August 07, 2015, 06:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

A classic piece that's highly appropriate for us wargamers.

I haven't quite decided what will be on the PC for this weekend's gaming, but, it appears that some sort of combination of Magic the Gathering: Duels, Age of Wonders III and/or Civilization IV will prevail.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Great toon

Well - I'm on a roll with my modelling - but I have been playing F1 2015 over the last couple or 3 days. I completed practice on Wednesday night, I followed that up with Qualifying last night (qualified 2nd in the Williams) and it'll be the race tonight. Full race length...so at least an hour and a half at the PC with the wheel.

Apart from that, I may well stick my toes back into The Witcher III

But overall, most time will be going to my modelling.
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Finished The Witcher 3 yesterday after 75 hours and got a good ending (only checked out all the possible endings after i finished in order to avoid spoilers - it seems small decisions can have big consequences in the end).

Now back to wargaming with War In The East smaller scenarios.

Gusington

Continuing my Vandal campaign in Attila TW - The Last Roman and also continuing to slice my way through Ryse: Son of Rome.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Most likely going to play:

- Waterloo: the last battle of Napoleon....around 1 p.m....fighting mostly around Hougoumont and Papelotte at this time.
- Horizon. The campaign started well but now i am struggling to survive...the Tantik are too strong (again).

Not sure what else i'll play. Maybe continue my Imperium Galactica II campaign on my tablet (maybe win that one).

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on August 07, 2015, 07:20:44 AM
Continuing my Vandal campaign in Attila TW - The Last Roman and also continuing to slice my way through Ryse: Son of Rome.

I might possibly play some Attila.  I will be moving boardgaming out of the manloft into the manbasement.  There are some BIG TABLES down there and I'm getting tired of playing on the floor.

In other news: playing RUS Gold.  I'm the Bolsheviks and life is hard.  I'm trying to build some industry while everybody attacks me from every possible direction.  I played RUS long ago and sort of forgot what a great game it is.  RUS Gold seems the same except that radios seem to help command capacity significantly.  Maybe I should rebuild the Red Air force and see if it works.  You just never know.

Sir Slash

I'm trying manfully to complete DC: Case Blue's 1st Pz. Army campaign with 4 turns left and still 2 cities to take. But I'm close. If the weather holds.... which it never does, and I can get some supply, then I will probably end up just shy of victory as usual. Also the Italian Navy awaits my presence in Rule The Waves where we've defeated the Austrians but now that peace has hit, the damned politicians want their money back and I can't afford to build a log raft with two paddles. While the defeated Austrians are back and stronger than ever. Good for me, they haven't got past 9in. guns yet. It's only Friday and I already need a drink.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Empyrion Galactic Survival, Act of Aggression, Call to Arms and maybe some Subnautica with the new habitat update. I'd also like to squeeze in some ARMA3.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

Hoping to put in some serious time with the first Witcher. I need to get myself into the series. I've owned the first two games for awhile now.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

sandman2575

WitP AE    --  continuing my "Quiet China" grand campaign (...although China sure ain't quiet yet, IJA is pushing in on all sides, and I haven't bothered to manage a single unit in that quagmire of a theatre...).  I've been putting a lot of hours in to this, **and it's still only mid-Feb. '42**.  I suspect this will end up the way it always does, with me burning out by April or May '42, and then putting the game off for another 2-3 years...

BTW, folks who don't own should pick this up while Matrix has it on sale for the bargain-baement price of $40 -- so you too can enjoy its unique mix of incredibly gratifying and incredibly infuriating micromanagement bliss/hell that will swallow up the next 4 years of your gaming life if you let it...    :D

Huw the Poo

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - I'm back into this in a big way.  Got my first garage upgrade and have a driver working for me who turns in a few grand profit per day.  Meanwhile I've levelled up long distance driving and taking the big jobs specifically to "discover" as many towns as possible to have the pick of contracts.  I have room for a third truck so as soon as I can afford it I'll buy one and hire another driver. O0

Race the Sun - the fantastic Sunrise DLC just came out, essentially a (beautiful) new world and no-time-limit mode!  I definitely intend to put some time into it this weekend.

Not much else as I have a friend coming to stay from tomorrow evening for the week.

Jack Nastyface

Either Arma 3 KOTH, Rise of Flight, or just reading a book if my daughter doesn't surrender the new computer...
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on August 07, 2015, 05:46:41 PM
or just reading a book if my daughter doesn't surrender the new computer...

I feel your pain.  I made the mistake of downloading some kind of mega-mod-pack installer for Minecraft.  Goodbye sweet PC, it was nice knowing you...

Bison

Played some SWTOR and killed the Emperor, again!  I'm thinking about starting up another CK2 campaign later on tonight.