You take my FRIDAY and I'll take yours too!

Started by MetalDog, August 07, 2015, 06:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Heh.  I just bagged installing ARMA 3 and started installing CK2 instead.  Coincidence, or The Force?  Hmmmmm......   ???
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Looking to get back your Man Machines from the womenfolk? Inconceivable.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rizik6

Sorcerer King mostly, with some wargaming thrown in here and there.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Apocalypse 31

Will continue with the intense DoW ArmA 3 sessions.

Barthheart

Middle of my two week staycation but not much gaming this weekend. Our annual pool party is tomorrow so spent most of today cleaning and prepping.

Much more playing of Wing Leader will happen this week for sure. Fantastic game. Hope to have a review for you all... except LB cause his copy is better than mine. :P

Kushan

I rage uninstalled World of Warships, again, tonight but this time I dismissed all my commanders and sold all my ships so there is no temptation to go back. Going to spend the rest of the night updating and reinstalling Skyrim mods. Tomorrow is my weekly CMANO stream, after that the rest of the weekend will be a mix of CMANO scenario work, Crusader Kings 2 and starting a new Skyrim character.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Anguille

So far...

Finished my Horizon game (defeated by the Tantik who conquered my last systems).

Continued my (first) campaign in Stardrive 2 (though i am not as thrilled as i hoped i would be).

Finally started the campaign in Starpoint Gemini 2.

I hope i manage some Victor Vran as well tonight....

With the arrival of so many great and unexpected games in the next months (Oriental Empires, Grand Ages Medieval, Master of Orion, Endless Space 2, Stellaris), i have to progress in the games i have in my library.... :knuppel2:

Toonces

What has you so bent out of shape about World of Warships, Kushan?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tuna

The other players I think..

So far I'm addicted, but keep tearing myself away after too many Battles.. want to earn that AC! So will be playing more of it this weekend.

Also continuing PBEM Antietam and WITP with Panzerde and SDR.

JudgeDredd

Well I just completed my 56 lap race at Malaysia. I have to say, I'm very impressed with this edition of F1 from Codemasters (F1 2015).

It's got a couple of flaws, but the racing experience is superb. Overall, it's the package for me. I know it's had bits taken out, but for me, that's not what the game was about. The game was about, for me, racing a season and giving the best experience of that was top of my list - and I think they've managed it (overall).

Superb. Now onto my Me262 and P-51 models  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on August 08, 2015, 07:42:57 AM
What has you so bent out of shape about World of Warships, Kushan?

I'm not as disgusted with other teammates' bad play in World of Warships as I am in some others, like War Thunder's air force matches. 

I mean.. in WoWS, people generally go left, right, or center and get in the mix-up any way they go.  The occasional T3 or T4 noob may launch a torpedo spread right next to you, but I've only been on the receiving end of such a thing rarely.  All the random teammates just don't need to act as cohesively as in other games of this type to be effective.

Compared flying realistic battles in War Thunder.  There, if all your team's fighters don't climb like mad at the beginning of the match or decide to load up on bombs and go move mud, then you're gonna be screwed.  Or if they all split up.  Either way, each gets outnumbered or out-positioned in turn and the team is almost guaranteed to lose.   Hell, even if one team has more bombers, it is much more likely to lose.  Very unforgiving for pick-up games.

That said, I've still been alternating between WoWS and War Thunder air forces.  I do much better on average in WoWS due to the ability to succeed when joining matches solo, as mentioned above.  But flying RB is still addictive, when your random teammates aren't constantly being ignorant about the tactics.

Kushan

This game remind me why I hate multiplayer games. Other player is a part of it. Hard to keep cool when your always on the team that gets steam rolled with only 2-3 kills total is one. The bull**** RNG on gun rolls is another sore point for me. I've had BBs fire at me from their max range and its like they're firing guided missiles at me. These are ships that should have 150+ meters of dispersal at that range. But I fire at anything doesn't matter the range, and RNG will guarantee that 90% of my shots will bracket my target to either side.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Airborne Rifles

CMANO for me. I'll be trying to find time to finish up my AAR about the lucky Norwegian defenders of Jan Mayen. I hope to then go back in time and play the previous scenario, Northern Fury 3: A Dagger to the Heart, which Gunner98 (the scenario designer) released this week.

Gusington

Anguille you got Victor Vran? I am shocked!

JD post pics of that Me262!

Any idea on when Oriental Empires and Grand Ages Medieval are hitting?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd