Last Dance With FRIDAY Jane

Started by MetalDog, August 21, 2015, 05:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oche

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 21, 2015, 09:02:39 PM
Just to keep the TP&HB theme...

I foolishly purchased WITP:AE and must now atone for my folly by playing at least one turn of the game.

After that? I think I will return to Morrowwind, Oblivion, or Skyrim.

Nice, my favorite Tom Petty song, great video 30 years ago and still today makes more sense, those guys finding those "relics" in the desert ;), i miss the 80s

gameleaper

Quote from: WYBaugh on August 21, 2015, 03:32:54 PM

I knew I was jesting, but I didn't know the original Shirley was airplane or something like that :)

MetalDog

If you like that kind of humor, you should really watch the movie.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Dammit Carl!

Working six days a week out of town for the past month is crimping my game time harshly; the saving grace is a fat paycheck and what seems to be a sale on Nazi zombie army trilogy on steam currently.

Never get tired of blasting nazi zombies...

Blucher

This weekend I have played

Squad Battles Dien Bien Phu PBEM

Squad Battles Winter War PBEM

Budapest 45 PBEM

War Plan Orange PBEM

And some Baldurs Gate 2 Enhanced edition

It's cool to see the Gold Box games on GOG but I prefer the Infinity engine D&D games can't go back unfortunately.

Gusington

If you like that kind of humor then just hang out here more often.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

So far I've been playing ARMA 3 exclusively.  I broke my old Fighterstick so I had to configure a back up stick until I get a new HOTAS.  After I got it hooked up I started experimenting with the oodles of stuff on the Steam Workshop.  In particular I downloaded the RHS Escalation mod as well as the Dynamic Universal War Simulator (and the RHS version) and I've been goofing off with that trying to figure out how it works.

Finally, I've been working through some of the various helo missions and mods. 

I did log onto KotH for a while but it was a mess with some really, really high level dude cruising around in an A-10 just bushwacking everyone, and the OPFOR team also had some AAA stationed near our spawn so it was basically just a waste of time.  I bailed pretty quick, maybe 15 minutes total invested and just spent the day messing with the editor and trying out mods.

I'm now downloading some of my missing Matrix Games including CMANO and I'm hoping to spend some time with that tomorrow.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Cyrano

PBEMs abound...

Campaign: Waterloo with Doug...hint:  we will not be fighting anywhere NEAR Mont St. Jean.

Commander: The Great War with Doug...I have received the surrender of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and now have to deal with the sudden expansion of the Ottoman empire...

SB: WWI with Boggit...oh, this one is gonna be grim.  We're on the third Gallipoli scenario setting to fight over Lone Pine.  We're 1-1 so far in the campaign.  For the record, this is an incredible iteration of this series and gives remarkable insight into the particular battles.

What, Vance, what?!!?  Could it truly be!!  Raptures of raptures!!

Planning on getting Osprey's "Fighting Sail" to the table as well.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

gameleaper

Quote from: MetalDog on August 22, 2015, 10:18:34 AM

that's good advice, and what you said is ok too :)

Nefaro

Quote from: gameleaper on August 23, 2015, 12:37:52 AM

I almost wanna spoon with you bitches.  Fuzzy feeling, you jackanapes.   ;)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

gameleaper

Quote from: Nefaro on August 23, 2015, 03:53:13 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on August 23, 2015, 12:37:52 AM

I almost wanna spoon with you bitches.  Fuzzy feeling, you jackanapes.   ;)

is that hot fuzz :)

Dammit Carl!

"Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive."