'A firefly vibe with space battles' - Rebel Galaxy

Started by undercovergeek, September 17, 2015, 06:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

Been looking forward to it for quite some time now.
Used to check their forum on Steam on a daily basis (if not more :P) until they finally revealed October 20 as the date.

KyzBP

My Christmas Sale list just keeps getting bigger.

W8taminute

Yeaaaaah...I'm gonna need to get this game on Saturday.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Capn Darwin

The Missus and I have been playing this the past few days and we are in the midst of writing up a review (with pictures) about this awesomely fun game. In its pure form the game is Sid Meiers Pirates mashed up with Firefly and Wing Commander. I'm not going to spoil the review, but the game is out in 8 days and I  strongly recommend if you like the theme get your $20 dollars set aside now and schedule 30 or more hours of free time to enjoy this epic single player game.  O0
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

panzerde

Damn it. I know I'm going to fail my saving throw on this.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Capn Darwin

Freyland

Better than Starpoint Gemini 2 (which I have yet to play)?  Or not really comparable games?

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Capn Darwin

Brant might be able to help you out with that research this weekend.  :coolsmiley:

tgb

Quote from: Freyland on October 12, 2015, 09:44:34 PM
Better than Starpoint Gemini 2 (which I have yet to play)?  Or not really comparable games?

From what I've heard the grind isn't as bad.

Anguille

Quote from: tgb on October 15, 2015, 10:08:56 PM

Starpoint Gemini 2 isn't bad....you don't like it?

Nefaro

Quote from: Anguille on October 16, 2015, 03:55:09 AM

I liked the concept of the original Starpoint Gemini, although it's implementation was rather roughly indie.  I pointed out that it's combat resembled the Starfleet Command series on the forum they were using at the time, and one of the dev team admitted those were the primary inspiration for that part. 

I would've like to seen that carried through to the new & improved SG2 but they switched over to a more nimble starfighter type of scheme.  Didn't feel like you were running a big relatively ponderous capital ship but more like a quick little fighter with an FPS twitch bent.  At least for awhile AFAIK, but I never got far into it because of this.

Mrs Darwin

I know this was asked a while ago, but I think it got lost in all the apiarist-space prostitue-Starpoint talk...

Quote from: Rayfer on September 17, 2015, 07:46:46 PM
Was the trailer actual gameplay or cinematic?

The trailer is actual gameplay.  Yes, it is that pretty.
<Insert Expletive Here> Space Pirate

I'm a much nicer person when I keep my mouth shut.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Anguille on October 16, 2015, 03:55:09 AM

And is on sale this weekend (-70%)  http://www.gamersgate.com/campaign/387/starpoint-gemini-weekend

BanzaiCat