'A firefly vibe with space battles' - Rebel Galaxy

Started by undercovergeek, September 17, 2015, 06:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freyland

Quote from: Mrs Darwin on October 16, 2015, 08:29:28 AM
I know this was asked a while ago, but I think it got lost in all the apiarist-space prostitue-Starpoint talk...

Okay, I'm confused if this is an attempt to respond rudely to a reasonable comparison question.  Certainly, referencing space beekeepers of questionable morals is a bit over-the-top, but then the misspelling really takes the wind out of it's (solar) sails.

Mrs Darwin

Quote from: Freyland on October 16, 2015, 06:23:38 PM
I know this was asked a while ago, but I think it got lost in all the apiarist-space prostitue-Starpoint talk...

Okay, I'm confused if this is an attempt to respond rudely to a reasonable comparison question.  Certainly, referencing space beekeepers of questionable morals is a bit over-the-top, but then the misspelling really takes the wind out of it's (solar) sails.

What I had thought was my better judgement caused me to edit "whore" to "prostitute."  My pained attempt to sound more gentile apparently resulted in a misspelling.  Next time, I'll stick to my gut.

By the way, I believe you meant its (solar) sails, not "it's."

Anyhow, I just felt that beekeeping and whoring sound like a very dangerous combination, whether on earth or beyond.  I couldn't go without trying to express my dissent.
<Insert Expletive Here> Space Pirate

I'm a much nicer person when I keep my mouth shut.

Freyland

No argument about the dangers of at least space beekeeping (Sword of the Stars comes to mind), but not clear on your dissent, nor the metaphorical vehemence behind it.

Tpek

Quote from: Mrs Darwin on October 16, 2015, 07:42:15 PM
Quote from: Freyland on October 16, 2015, 06:23:38 PM

What I had thought was my better judgement caused me to edit "whore" to "prostitute."  My pained attempt to sound more gentile apparently resulted in a misspelling.  Next time, I'll stick to my gut.

By the way, I believe you meant its (solar) sails, not "it's."

Anyhow, I just felt that beekeeping and whoring sound like a very dangerous combination, whether on earth or beyond.  I couldn't go without trying to express my dissent.

I believe you mean gentle and not "gentile" :P

Mrs Darwin

I believe you mean gentle and not "gentile" :P
[/quote]

Actually I meant [genteel], but I give up.  YARRRRR!
<Insert Expletive Here> Space Pirate

I'm a much nicer person when I keep my mouth shut.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Grim.Reaper

Great read....and now this game has made my list of must buy when released....gee thanks:)

Staggerwing

Yeah- also, 20 bucks US makes price a weak purchase deterrent.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

W8taminute

Good article on the front page for this game.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Capn Darwin

If you like these type of games and can deal with the fact it is a 2d-ish setup you can't beat the fun and hours for $20 bucks. I'm still working the story with great amounts of side missions making credits to improve my ship's toys. The Dev team is supporting it really well and they have been very active on the Steam forums and still doing minor tweaks and bug updates to polish game play. Jumping back into my Aluminum Falcon to do a B&E job to get a required special item. Much carnage to ensue.  >:D
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Capn Darwin on October 17, 2015, 09:17:54 AM
If you like these type of games and can deal with the fact it is a 2d-ish setup you can't beat the fun and hours for $20 bucks. I'm still working the story with great amounts of side missions making credits to improve my ship's toys. The Dev team is supporting it really well and they have been very active on the Steam forums and still doing minor tweaks and bug updates to polish game play. Jumping back into my Aluminum Falcon to do a B&E job to get a required special item. Much carnage to ensue.  >:D

So how did you get so lucky to get a copy:)  Was it a review copy or was there some kind of early beta access for folks?

Capn Darwin

Review copy via Grogheads (Brant). I'll be buying extra copies on Tuesday so the wife can have her own.  O0
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Capn Darwin on October 17, 2015, 09:21:04 AM
Review copy via Grogheads (Brant). I'll be buying extra copies on Tuesday so the wife can have her own.  O0

Very nice:)  You and the Mrs. certainly have me interested in this game for sure...I really enjoyed the two different view points from you both.

PanzersEast

We are hours away from release.... any first takers on this one?

PE

Freyland

Boughten, but no chance to play until late tonight.  :'(