Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Bison, May 15, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fetrik

Voodo bone eh? That's a new one... ;)

Gusington

It's currently being stimulated by Warlock, until Diablo III arrives.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Found it automatically installed the game in the program files folder on the main system drive without being asked about it.
Stupid thing...  :o

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on May 15, 2012, 09:46:26 AM
It's currently being stimulated by Warlock, until Diablo III arrives.

There aren't warlocks in Diablo 3.  However, I will be rolling up a Witch Doctor at some point.  I really enjoyed playing the class during the open beta much more than I thought that I would.

son_of_montfort

I highly recommend that all players go to Options, Gameplay, and activate Elective Mode and Expanded (or Advanced) Tooltips. This will allow you to bind any of your skills to any button (rather than have them categorized according to button 1 = defensive, button 2 = X) and will give you the full information on each of your skills (i.e. does 110% of your weapon damage and costs 6 mana). These options make the game significantly deeper and more like Diablo 2.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Kushan

With the exception of a couple million people all trying to log on at 12:01 this morning, the servers have been really stable for me. Was finally able to log on around 1:30 and played till 3-3:30 with no issues. Woke up this morning around 7 PST and played another couple of hours.

I think blizzard tweaked the difficulty levels up since the beta. I was able to roll all through act I and kill the skeleton king like a knife through butter. Last night I died 3-4 times. I actually like the increase in difficulty (if there is one) on normal, except when my barbarian basically gets one shot by a dozen mobs.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

LongBlade

Just tried logging in over the last few minutes and get a "connection interrupted" error #3003. Looking it up on their support it indicates that Blizzard is pulling their server offline to resolve "critical issues." http://us.battle.net/en/search?q=error%20code%203003&f=support

Huh. Who knew that when you sold a million copies of a game that you'd need to have server space for a million people?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

Yeah I just got booted, but no worries here.  I'm kicking some serious undead and demon tail with my monk.  It should be up in the next 30-45 mins based off what was splashed on the login screen.

And for the skeptics, the world is not coming to an end.  Why just yesterday my entire internet service was out for 2 hours for unknown reasons. 

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on May 15, 2012, 04:51:21 PM
Yeah I just got booted, but no worries here.  I'm kicking some serious undead and demon tail with my monk.  It should be up in the next 30-45 mins based off what was splashed on the login screen.

And for the skeptics, the world is not coming to an end.  Why just yesterday my entire internet service was out for 2 hours for unknown reasons.

I, for one, am pleased to know that the world is not ending yet. I haven't ever played any of the Diablo games, and I will consider it gross incompetence on the part of Divine Justice if I can't play Diablo before the world ends. Possible actions include legal action and strongly worded letters, so you know I'm serious about this.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

^Sounds like fun LB, a new thread where we all submit a 'Strongly Worded letter', along the lines of;

Dear (insert name of diety of choice here),

It has been brought to our attention that you have, without prior consultation, terminated all operations on that celestial body generally known as 'Earth' aka 'The World' ....blah, blah....

Prize for the winning entry being a pair of combat boots, dyed red........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

OJsDad

Looks like a group of Koreans and a group of Chinese each completed the game in 7 hrs.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Diablo-Blizzard-PC-Gaming-7-hours-Korea,15649.html
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

Well I'm starting to become a kung fu master, but i've yet to get an epic/rare drop.  Lots of blue loot though.  I love me some loot.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Bison on May 15, 2012, 07:37:49 PM
Well I'm starting to become a kung fu master, but i've yet to get an epic/rare drop.  Lots of blue loot though.  I love me some loot.

I am playing a Witch Doctor... but I leveled a Monk up to level 5. Those monks are pretty epic! I don't think he does more damage per se than the WD, but it just FEELS better with all the kicks and punches!

I think the WD ramps up, however. I'm convinced that the walls of zombies and exploding frogs will be just as awesome in the long run.

QuoteLooks like a group of Koreans and a group of Chinese each completed the game in 7 hrs.

According to the strategy guide, the game isn't even a quarter over after you finished all the Acts. You don't even unlock all your awesome skills and runes in a Normal level difficulty play through. So you don't really complete the game until you beat it on all difficulties. 7 hours to beat normal is "meh."
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Bison

I've heard that the hardest level is near impossible without a group.  Not sure if that is true, but it's seem like a possiblity.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Bison on May 15, 2012, 08:48:34 PM
I've heard that the hardest level is near impossible without a group.  Not sure if that is true, but it's seem like a possiblity.

That sounds legit, according to the way the strategy guide talks.

BTW, after a hard day of idiotic number crunching... I get greeted with the Error #3004. Boo hiss!

- Stephen Colbert

- Stephen Colbert