Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Bison, May 15, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

The current big anti-virus trend is to just block anything & everything that isn't used by a Million people.  I imagine part of the reason is so they can get better scores on aforementioned A-V tests.  Much of the improvements made in recent years is just cranking up the overzealous heuristics and identification that results in more false positives than ever. 

They're all guilty of this tendency, but the extent varies from company to company.  I still see ppl complaining about Norton blocking legit programs on a regular basis, in tech support forums, the most of all.  Perhaps because it comes pre-installed on so many peoples' computers and thus is used more by default.

Bison

Honestly I've had a number of Norton false positives on game .exe's, but the exemption configuration is really easy to do.  YMMV but I've never had any issues with Norton and more importantly I've never had a virus or trojan or keylogger, which makes me happy.

Gusington

I just wanna kill some damned demons.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on September 02, 2012, 02:30:30 PM

Ask Bison how to put the Diablo 3 patcher on Norton's white list, perhaps.

Are you running it as Admin?  And all that Window-y stuff?

Bison

Quote from: Nefaro on September 03, 2012, 10:12:23 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 02, 2012, 02:30:30 PM

Ask Bison how to put the Diablo 3 patcher on Norton's white list, perhaps.

Are you running it as Admin?  And all that Window-y stuff?

Can I just say that for an IT guy Gus sure as the hell has a lot of what I would consider IT issues in his home computer life?   :o

Gusington

I'm an aspiring IT guy. I work with computers all day on web apps. And I write stuff. But right now I am not an IT guy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on September 04, 2012, 12:03:01 AM

Can I just say that for an IT guy Gus sure as the hell has a lot of what I would consider IT issues in his home computer life?   :o

Heh.

We'll call it Journeyman IT level?

Bison

Well I finally got my monk to level 60 and into inferno level.  I received through the generousity of a stranger today a nice 1-hand knuckle thingy that does 1000+ base damage.  That single piece of gear let me basically grind through the last 2 acts without any issues.  Hell difficulty Diablo boss was a wuzz.  I think he is the easiest boss in the game, which is sad considering a. she's the last boss and b. the game is named after her after all.

I like the game for what it is an ARPG gear grind feast, but good lord do I wish they had taken a different tact with the games overall randomization.  Maybe they'll address it with the an expansion.  I doubt it, but I can still hope.

Greybriar

I wish I hadn't spent so much time playing the demo. I lost interest in playing Diablo III months ago.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Bison

I'm an ARPG addict so I always go back to them.  It's worth a play through if you like the Diablo lore, ARPG gameplay, and don't mind random MP grouping on higher difficulty levels.  There are a number of things that piss me off with what Blizzard did with the game, but I doubt they will get addressed and I've come to accept that it's a fun enough game to go back to every few weeks to kill a few hours and slowly level or gear one of my two main characters.

TheCommandTent

I'm a bit dense so sorry for the stupid question but what is ARPG?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Bison on December 31, 2012, 08:15:25 PM
action role playing game
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_role-playing_game

Thanks.  I should have known that but, well I don't have an excuse. :o
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

son_of_montfort

Speaking of ARPG, Torchlight II is on sale at Steam today. I think it is a lot of fun, much different than D3 (in some ways superior, in others, not so much). It is certainly worth buying at a discounted price.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Grim.Reaper

Major bump.....

I see that you can get Diablo III and Diablo II Resurrected for about $20 in BattleNet sale....I have never played this series  but have been tempted a number of times.  With other games out there now and the fact Diablo IV is coming out at some point, anybody have an opinion as to whether still worth picking this up?