Anyone playing Prison Architect Alpha?

Started by fran, July 06, 2013, 06:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fran

Interested to know if anyone is playing the alpha version of Prison Architect?

Is it a good and proper sim compared to the Sim City debacle?

http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/

Thanks

Nefaro

I've been curious about it too, but the price of admission to a work-in-progress was higher than I wanted to risk.

son_of_montfort

It is very interesting, but still a work in progress. The UI and building controls are a little odd, but they have been improving them over time. Still, as far as complete freedom of building, this one is very open.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

spelk

Quote from: son_of_montfort on July 06, 2013, 04:26:52 PM
It is very interesting, but still a work in progress. The UI and building controls are a little odd, but they have been improving them over time. Still, as far as complete freedom of building, this one is very open.

+1

Takes a bit of getting used to, but it is very open.

If you watch this vid (at about 9:53 mins in), you'll see my prisoner alter ego!!! :)

JasonPratt

One thing about them, they are extremely up-front about this being an alpha build, making this a hilarious part of their promotional videos. "You'll also get exclusive access to GAME BREAKING BUGS!--such as..."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

Quote from: spelk on July 06, 2013, 06:03:27 PM
If you watch this vid (at about 9:53 mins in), you'll see my prisoner alter ego!!! :)

Ha! That's pretty funny.... remind me to never visit a museum with you!  ;D

-budd-

Prison Architect releases.... version 1.0 ..and 33% off. I haven't followed it for awhile but apparently you can now try to escape from prisons, a new game mode. You can try to escape from a pre made workshop prisons or there is random button also. You can make or steal things and go into the hole if you get caught, recruit others to help escape or do stuff to up your rep. here's the nitty gritty...  http://steamcommunity.com/games/233450/announcements/detail/763716061245472411
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

sandman2575

This has been a terrific game for a while (given its looonnnggg gestation) -- well worth the $20 sale price --