Steam Halloween Sale in effect

Started by Apocalypse 31, October 29, 2015, 04:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apocalypse 31

I didnt buy anything for the summer sale...not seeing much that I want for this one.

Huw the Poo

A few games on my wishlist have some nice discounts, but I'm buying a new graphics card next week so I can't really justify any purchases right now.

Also, the sale page seems to be broken at the moment.

Gusington

Thanks for.posting - will peruse later by candlelight.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Gusington on October 29, 2015, 06:26:29 PM
Thanks for.posting - will peruse later by candlelight.

For romantic effect?  ???
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

That and to cast some cool shadows.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gus likes to do shadow puppets with a certain part of his body.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

He does a pretty good Arrakis/Dune Great Sand Worm shadow puppet.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Well there's a few games on my list on sale...The Witcher III, State of Decay, Victor Vran, Plague, Inc...and Betrayer.

But none are really screaming out to me at the moment.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

ArizonaTank

must resist...  must resist.... awww...what the heck... where is my wallet?
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

jamus34

I grabbed Binding of Isaac  Rebirth / afterbirth. Probably my favorite roguelike so far. It's also a TON easier than the original BOI - I beat Mom in Rebirth on my first run through - vanilla Isaac I only beat her once through the whole time playing (at least 100+ runs)

Huw the Poo

Quote from: jamus34 on October 30, 2015, 11:31:59 AM
It's also a TON easier than the original BOI - I beat Mom in Rebirth on my first run through

Wow, really?  I liked vanilla BoI but I thought it was bastard hard.  I never got anywhere near the end of it.

jamus34

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 30, 2015, 01:39:00 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on October 30, 2015, 11:31:59 AM
It's also a TON easier than the original BOI - I beat Mom in Rebirth on my first run through

Wow, really?  I liked vanilla BoI but I thought it was bastard hard.  I never got anywhere near the end of it.

Agreed Huw - I literally mean I beat it once in who  knows how many runs. I got lucky on both my treasure room drops and devil  deals and I was boss with the amount of damage I could cause.

In BOI - Rebirth the synergies between the powers is much much better. plus there are some bosses that are cake now compared to vanilla. Gurdy is good example...in vanilla 9/10 times Gurdy was death to me. I've beaten Gurdy 2x in Rebirth now without taking damage. I imagine it gets harder if you are looking for a 100% clear.

Gusington

Anyone play State of Decay? I've read some good things.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd