You take my FRIDAY and I'll take yours, too!

Started by MetalDog, October 30, 2015, 06:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

It's the end of Daylight Savings this weekend and we turn our clocks back an hour Saturday night/Sunday morning.  An extra hour of gaming!!  I'll most likely do what I always do, Civilization IV Beyond the Sword.  Multiplayer or solo.  I have an itch to play something else and it may turn out to be some Europa Universalis IV or Crusader Kings II, but, whatever it is, I will be a trooper ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Some new VASSAL work.
Finishing the yardwork for the season.
Wing Leader PBEM with SDR.
Maybe try some Tiger Leader... with update kit... :P
Maybe some more DVG's Warfighter. Fun game.
Maybe start in on my winter project... overhaul of my 25 year old Miata... valve job, suspension, new brakes,rotors and tires, convertible top repair. Should be interesting considering I've not attempted some of this stuff before.

Jarhead0331

Halo 5 on my XBone and maybe some Rome Total War. I'll probably end up getting Seven Years War too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

^ Rome 2?  I've been just starting to get into Rome 2 and what an absolutely fantastic game.  I am not liking the settlement management aspect- I'm more of an automate settlements guy- but the atmosphere, graphics, and the RPG-like aspects for the legions are freaking awesome.

For me, when not dabbling in Total War, heaven help me but I have an urge to get back into WitP:AE again for some crazy reason.  So I may re-install that and take a look at the smaller scenarios.

I've also started trying to get into Combat Mission: Black Sea, another very neglected game in my collection.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Since resubbing to SWTOR, I've spent most of my time with it downloading 10-12 gigs worth of updates. I'm hoping to actually play it now.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

undercovergeek

another busy weekend but when i can ill be attacking Burgundy in EU4 as England, im going to make hay whilst theres no 100 years war and cripple a rival

The HoN PBEM with Cyrano is coming to a disasterous end for me

and ill be killing some more KyzBP in WitP AE

Bison

Quote from: mirth on October 30, 2015, 07:25:50 AM
Since resubbing to SWTOR, I've spent most of my time with it downloading 10-12 gigs worth of updates. I'm hoping to actually play it now.

You could just waste time on the starter world while it downloads.  That's always exciting.  :D

Gusington

Continuing with what has so far been a great human campaign in AoW III, then looking forward to starting a Pict campaign in Attila Total War.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Airborne Rifles

I've got guests coming and going all weekend. Probably no gaming for me   :(.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Enjoying (if you can say that as it becomes a bit of a chore at times) blowing away nazi zombies with my Sniper Elite stuff and taking a deliberate step back from more gaming and focusing instead on bass playing in Rocksmith 2014.

Thank God for Custom Forge for the tons and tons of free DLC!

...however that 7 Years War game mentioned in another thread looks just so dang good!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on October 30, 2015, 07:13:30 AM
^ Rome 2?  I've been just starting to get into Rome 2 and what an absolutely fantastic game.  I am not liking the settlement management aspect- I'm more of an automate settlements guy- but the atmosphere, graphics, and the RPG-like aspects for the legions are freaking awesome.

Yeah, its an awesome game. I've got 90 hours and counting sunk into it. I just don't understand how people still find a way to trash it. Its so close to strategic game perfection.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 30, 2015, 08:21:27 AM
Quote from: Toonces on October 30, 2015, 07:13:30 AM

Yeah, its an awesome game. I've got 90 hours and counting sunk into it. I just don't understand how people still find a way to trash it. Its so close to strategic game perfection.

Rome2 is a fantastic game.  But I'm playing Wing Leader and Pike and Shot this weekend, I think.

Anguille

Most likely Imperium Galactica 2....and then some Grand Ages Medieval i hope.

MetalDog

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 30, 2015, 07:01:36 AM
Halo 5 on my XBone and maybe some Rome Total War. I'll probably end up getting Seven Years War too.

Looking forward to impressions, Jarhead!  Maybe a mini AAR? ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob