You take my FRIDAY and I'll take yours, too!

Started by MetalDog, October 30, 2015, 06:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Looking hard at Seven Years War too. But for now I'm working on a very neglected NTW Peninsular Campaign that I'd almost forgotten about. Halloween is about monsters though so maybe some Trick or Treat with the ones living under my stronghold in POE's never-ending tunnels. Hope all the Grogs get something in their Goodie-Bags.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

sandman2575

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 30, 2015, 10:47:36 AM
Looking hard at Seven Years War too.

+1  If initial feedback is at all encouraging I'll certainly pick it up.

Have reached a bit of a plateau with Elite: Dangerous -- once I got my Viper, I was able to vastly amplify my income through bounty hunting, and just bought a Cobra to go with it. But having reached that goal, I'm not sure if I want to keep up the grind....?   :-\

Hate that feeling when you look over every game in your library and your response is, "meh"...

IronX

Really enjoying Command Modern Naval/Air Ops, which I picked up last week and would like to try out some more complex scenarios. Perhaps another OP TORCH scenario from War in the West and very likely will pick up Seven Years War.

bbmike

Some Advanced Tactics Gold, try the new Civ BE Rising Tide patch that came out today, and Seven Years War if I cave and buy it. Also keep tuning my FS2 vassal module.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Kushan

CMANO: I'm more or less done with my current submarine scenario. I have a couple of minor script changes to make then I'm going to call v1.0. I'll be reworking it for v2.0 with some of the new goodies v1.10 will have. With that done I'll be moving onto my next scenario, which is remaking an old Harpoon 3 scenario using Command. Scenario is a combined British/Greek task force tasked with liberating Cyprus after a Turkish invasion set in 1966. I'm going to make a 2018 version of it as well just because I want to do something that features the Queen Elizabeth class and the F-35. And I'll be live streaming Northern Inferno tomorrow.

War in the West: I started the Battleground Italy scenario on my live stream a few weeks ago. I have a little mopping up on Sicily to do. Axis still hold one coastal hex on the NE tip of the island. Naval HQ's have been recalled to port for repair. Once I finish moving up my air forces to bases in Sicily my troops will be off for a vacation in the south Italian countryside.

Elite: I'm on a imperial rep grinding kick right now so that means lots of hunting pirates in resource extraction sites for me.

There may be some WoWS and 7 Years War thrown in somewhere as well.

Quote from: sandman2575 on October 30, 2015, 11:16:28 AM
Have reached a bit of a plateau with Elite: Dangerous -- once I got my Viper, I was able to vastly amplify my income through bounty hunting, and just bought a Cobra to go with it. But having reached that goal, I'm not sure if I want to keep up the grind....?   :-\

That's when I put a fuel scoop on my Cobra and started exploration. I picked a direction and just went with it
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

sandman2575

Quote from: Kushan on October 30, 2015, 02:14:44 PM
That's when I put a fuel scoop on my Cobra and started exploration. I picked a direction and just went with it

Interesting. Not sure I've got the exploring bug though.

In terms of 'making the game meaningful' (which is really the crux of E:D) -- I wish PowerPlay were developing in a more interesting way. In theory it sounds very cool but by most accounts it winds up being a tremendous grind-fest, which is exactly what I don't want. I like that it gives E:D a human face, so to speak -- that's a big part of what seems lacking, the sense of actual people being involved in the goings on of the galaxy. I hope they'll continue to refine on it -- I see lots of posts in the forums about "Frontier has abandoned PP"....

Gusington

Bawb reminded me that I have installed the Forbidden City mod for Skyrim...tempting...very tempting.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

IronX

I have a little mopping up on Sicily to do. Axis still hold one coastal hex on the NE tip of the island.

Messina? It can be a brute to capture.

Toonces

I want to do something that features the Queen Elizabeth class and the F-35.

So I found out today that the British exchange officer I work with just got picked for XO of the Queen Elizabeth.  So first I congratulated him on getting XO of a cruise ship.  After we got done laughing (well, maybe just smiling) I asked him about the QE only to find out it's one of two carriers they're building.  Of course, being suitably impressed, but not knowing what carrier-capable aircraft the UK operates I asked him what it would carry and he told me about the F-35.  Very, very cool.

But, I wish I had read this post about 8 hours ago and spared myself some embarrassment.   :-[
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bob48

Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2015, 02:32:52 PM
Bawb reminded me that I have installed the Forbidden City mod for Skyrim...tempting...very tempting.

Oh man Gus, I've only had a bit of a look around it - its a very spooky place, so much so that I had to come out of it.

I'm very much hooked on Skyrim again.

'Clip those corners'

bob48

Quote from: Toonces on October 30, 2015, 04:30:16 PM
I want to do something that features the Queen Elizabeth class and the F-35.

So I found out today that the British exchange officer I work with just got picked for XO of the Queen Elizabeth.  So first I congratulated him on getting XO of a cruise ship.  After we got done laughing (well, maybe just smiling) I asked him about the QE only to find out it's one of two carriers they're building.  Of course, being suitably impressed, but not knowing what carrier-capable aircraft the UK operates I asked him what it would carry and he told me about the F-35.  Very, very cool.

But, I wish I had read this post about 8 hours ago and spared myself some embarrassment.   :-[

As far as I'm aware, the second ship will be used as a helicopter carrier, mainly due to the problems with the F-35, and the rising costs.

'Clip those corners'

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

BanzaiCat

What Skyrim mod is y'all fellers talkin' 'bout? I dun' see no mod nowhares.

bob48

'Clip those corners'