You take my FRIDAY and I'll take yours, too!

Started by MetalDog, October 30, 2015, 06:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Spooky you say...now I have to play it. Only question is - do I start over with a totally new avatar or use my ol' reliable?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2015, 04:54:42 PM
Spooky you say...now I have to play it. Only question is - do I start over with a totally new avatar or use my ol' reliable?

I think you'll need a fairly beefed up one. I went in with my level 26 and did not feel very confidant. Also, due to the method of entry (if you'll pardon the expression) it seems that you go in alone, so no help from followers.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

^Much like sex with The Wife, that is how I prefer it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bob48 on October 30, 2015, 04:53:21 PM
In the Steam Workshop - 'Forgotten City'

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=528616722

Thanks Bob...didn't see it come up in an initial search, which is weird. I downloaded it for future gaming...ain't gonna do it tonight, I don't want to be up until 2 am playing it.

Arctic Blast

MGS V. I'm 27 hours in and apparently 16% done. I just completed my first African mission, and then went and got the Legendary Gunsmith to unlock weapons customization. FINALLY developing a silent sniper rifle, too.

Since I never did get around to sorting Warfighter at all, I also plan to get that done. I might bust out Duel of Ages II to re-familiarize myself with it, too.

Crossroads

You take my Friday and I''' certainly take yours, too!  :knuppel2:

This weekend for something completely different for me, that is figuring out how to get the old Rome Total War and Total War Medieval discs to work on my W10 set up.

Apparently what's happened is Microsoft's found a potential security hole in the DRM setup these games, among others, used, and secured it by disabling their support for this system. With W7 and W8 it seems to be possible to just not install the specific Windows Update, while with W10 we're out of luck.

I am a huge Roma Surrectum II RTW mod fan, it was a total bummer the game stopped working. The beauty of this all of course is that RTW as well as TWM are availabe via Steam, but RS II does not work with Steam version of the game.

Wish me luck!
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

W8taminute

^Jordanian Centurion from Avalon Hill's "Arab Israeli Wars".   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

smittyohio

Digging into newly purchased CMANO + NI (finally got a sale I couldn't resist) this weekend, as time permits.   Also playing a little Fallout 1, since I never really finished 1 & 2.    Played the crap out of 3 and NV though.   

Crossroads

Quote from: W8taminute on October 31, 2015, 08:33:44 AM
^Jordanian Centurion from Avalon Hill's "Arab Israeli Wars".   O0

Yes Sir!   :smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

WallysWorld

Playing through the campaign in Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis using the excellent ECP 1.3 mod.
Running the second race at Atlanta for my career in Nascar '15.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bob48 on October 30, 2015, 05:00:08 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2015, 04:54:42 PM

I think you'll need a fairly beefed up one. I went in with my level 26 and did not feel very confidant. Also, due to the method of entry (if you'll pardon the expression) it seems that you go in alone, so no help from followers.

I read in the notes that it says if you bring a follower, "strange things will happen." I can only imagine this would be a similar thing if Gus or Gussette brought in a +1.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

jamus34

Got in some WOWS today. Grabbed big pharma on the steam sale will hopefully tear into that tonight or tomorrow. Beyond maybe continuing my Vicky 2 or CK 2 campaigns
Insert witty comment here.

undercovergeek

EU4 England is tough!!! Having dodged the 100 years war, the War of the Roses broke out, i supported Richard III (hes a local) and the country has been in tatters, then the Lollard rebellion broke out - whilst effectively wiping out all their gains what they had done was enough to gain their demands - the Lollard rebellion was successful for at least 100 years, the pope hates me and were a heretic nation. Then the War of the Roses reared its ugly head again when Richard died in battle, we have a Regency council waiting for King Charles to come of age. I had enough years of peace to annex Leinster and Munster in an attempt to subjigate Ireland and then Lancastrian rebels broke out on the south of England - i have to go to bed its 2:30, when i return im burning the south coast

Gusington

Crossroads it's weird what you mention above on installing older TW games on newer systems. I tried to install M2TW on my new rig with Windows 8.1 and could not (from disc). One of my all time favorites and now it looks like I can't play with the original disks :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd