Albion Online........Sandbox MMO

Started by AchillesLastStand, November 03, 2015, 12:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AchillesLastStand

Anyone tried this or have any interest? The Closed Beta starts in a couple weeks and I may have to jump in for 29.99. Shades of Ultima Online for sure...
https://albiononline.com/en/

Swatter

Sounded interesting until they said it was being made for iOS and Android. That brings with it a reduced feature set and that's not good for a sandbox MMO. I would be more than happy to be wrong, though.

Nefaro

Quote from: Swatter on November 04, 2015, 12:35:38 AM
Sounded interesting until they said it was being made for iOS and Android. That brings with it a reduced feature set and that's not good for a sandbox MMO. I would be more than happy to be wrong, though.

Yeah, the cross-platform thing is worrisome.  I'd love to have a modern class-less isometric sandbox MMORPG like Ultima Online.  But I would expect more features, and generally wider content, from a modern PC game.  I don't see any indication that this will be more complex than the antique UO other than graphics & UI.

Maybe they'll release more vids before beta starts.  I'm not going to rule it out, as I've been having an urge to do something different, in MMO guise, even going so far as to re-sub to some SWTOR in the last couple days.

Yooper

I played the previous beta and found it to be very, very, very grindy. There was some unique features, your own private island, a PVP tier system like EVE online (secure areas, non-secure areas), but the game didn't grab me. It felt like most other modern (post WoW) fantasy MMO's.

I'll play it again to see how(if) they've solved some of those issues. The interface wasn't all that bad really. But I think anyone on a PC will have an advantage just due to opening menu's and such. (PC Supremacy!)
Military Science Fiction Novelist and Grognard.
Weapons Release