Naval Action coming to Steam EA on the 21st......

Started by AchillesLastStand, January 19, 2016, 02:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AchillesLastStand

http://www.navalaction.com/#ageofsail

Been watching this off and on for the past year or so am excited for this even though it is still EA. Looks like a proper age of sail game with no dancing/dragons/fantasy.
The Steam Store page isn't up yet but I assume it will be very soon.

Anyone else interested?

FlickJax

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on January 19, 2016, 02:33:03 AM

Been watching this off and on for the past year or so am excited for this even though it is still EA. Looks like a proper age of sail game with no dancing/dragons/fantasy.

Anyone else interested?

What about Krakens ;)

looks good

Raied

I am so interested I think I am going to get it as early access, I think the game being developed and tested for long already.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

RedArgo

I played quite a bit around Thanksgiving, trying out the open world.

My yacht made a few trade runs and captured a merchantman and another small vessel and sank several more.  At that time you could just sail around looking for trouble or get some missions to fight pirates.  I know there is also crafting, but that didn't really interest me.

I saw a lot of ships, but very few humans, maybe 3 the whole weekend.  The rest are AI bots.  I imagine the number of humans will increase a lot with Steam coming on line.

If you like the age of sail and open world mechanics, you will probably like this game.

tgb

MengJiao

Quote from: Raied on January 19, 2016, 03:31:58 AM
I am so interested I think I am going to get it as early access, I think the game being developed and tested for long already.

Yep.  I'm pretty used to being a very bad multiplayer.  Maybe I can get a fast boat and stay alive.  This should be pretty fun.

Nefaro

I've had it since about this time last year. 

Back then it was just a multi-player team skirmish game, like Steal Ocean & World of Warships.  Without all the content, of course.  They had to stop taking on customers in the Alpha for stretches due to getting overloaded.

Haven't played since they added all the open world MMO stuff, but the ship battles were the closest to reality I had seen in a first-person game on the subject.  Long, but very fun.

From their stated plans I expect this to be an MMO somewhat similar to Pirates Of The Burning Sea.  Except with better graphics, more realistic mechanics, more focused on the naval warfare & trade, and (hopefully) minus the bad design decisions & changes PotBS regularly made.

undercovergeek

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 19, 2016, 10:28:06 AM
so its elite with sails?

hmmmmmm

That's one way of saying it.

I'd think they still have quite a ways to go before having all the target features they originally listed.  Not sure how long they expect to be in Early Access but it will probably be awhile.  Then you can expect at least one wipe before final release, although I can't say for sure.  It's standard MMO practice and this is definitely an MMO.

Asid

Quote from: tgb on January 19, 2016, 08:36:09 AM
It appears to be multi-player only.  Pass.
They have plans to make it single player also in the future.

I have had this for quite a while and it can be very immersive and played at a slower pace. No one shot kills here  O0  It also works well on older systems. The game requires DX11 ready video card with full Shader Model 5 support.. The engine does a great job of making you feel like you are on the seas during the age of sail.

The Steam page is up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/311310/

Regards
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

MengJiao

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on January 19, 2016, 02:33:03 AM

Anyone else interested?

Details of release:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8353-important-release-information-and-next-steps/

RedArgo

Thanks for the link.

Current owners better make sure to log in during headstart and create a new character to get your exceptional ships.  I'll have to try to remember to do that tonight.

3. All current owners of the game will be able to start playing before Steam early access opens. Head start date is set on 19th of January. Everyone will receive several exceptional vessels for participating in the testing of the game. To receive the exceptional vessels you must login and create a character during head start. Only created characters will receive ships.

Nefaro

Quote2. Servers will be down from 17th until 19th of January for preparing the release databases. All character data will be deleted and wiped. This will be the last XP (rank) reset and in the future your XP will be saved and safe. There might be drops or increases in rank if the testing shows that xp will have to be rebalanced, but your earned XP will always stay.

Well.. I guess this is the last wipe.  ^-^

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs