Naval Action coming to Steam EA on the 21st......

Started by AchillesLastStand, January 19, 2016, 02:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronX

If she doesn't cost too many doubloons, I be gettin' her too.

Toonces

I saw a post on the Steam forums that it was gonna be 40 clams. 

I'm not sure I love it 40 clams worth.  I'll be sitting and watching the feedback a while, methinks. 

Sounds great, but I just don't know if I really need a sailing MMO at the moment.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Quote from: IronX on January 19, 2016, 08:19:38 PM
If she doesn't cost too many doubloons, I be gettin' her too.

I said that about a wench recently...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

smithcorp

Quote from: RedArgo on January 19, 2016, 02:40:00 PM
Thanks for the link.

Current owners better make sure to log in during headstart and create a new character to get your exceptional ships.  I'll have to try to remember to do that tonight.

Hi RedArgo - I logged in and created a character (been in since Beta but haven't played for a few months) but don't see any changes, or additional ships (just the Lynx, not even the Yacht I had previously). Do they only appear after the official launch?

Thomasew

Hi,

I have no idea what is going on in 'Naval Action' anymore, .. haven't played it in months.  :-[

Signed up when it was first available in Early Access on Steam, .. and enjoyed it thoroughly, .. and had many glorious battles in my Bellona  :),  and ended up on top of one of the lists.

When it moved to Open World, .. I kinda lost interest, .. as, as much as I loved the Battles etc., ... I'm not really into the whole resource building/collecting etc.. so, stopped playing.  :(

Logged in today, .. and have no idea what is going on with the UI ..  ??? .. where are the several Ships I'm supposed to get ??

Would love to get back into the Battles etc., .. but, is there a way of doing that, without sailing around looking for Gold, or whatever other resource one needs to get ships.

I really just want to get my beloved Bellona back, .. and wreak havoc on the seven seas.  :D

Any advice for a  .. re-newbie ..  ;)

Thanks

Cheers
Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

smithcorp

I think I worked it out - the exceptional vessels will come on the 21st. Info from the NA forum:

QuoteShort version

1. 17th Jan - Servers stopping
2. 18th Jan - Data wipe
3. 19th Jan - Head start
4. 20th Jan - Long maintenance (approx 9pm CET till 9am CET next day)
5. 21st Jan - Several exceptional ships given to all captains who logged in from 19-21
6. 21st Jan - Release (tentative on valve timing)

So log in, create a character and then wait.

RedArgo

Smithcorp, that sounds right.  I was able to redeem my yacht code, so I have that plus the default ship.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow what our prize is.  I'm assuming a 100 gun ship of the line.  :)

Asid

Naval Action Early Access Trailer 1 [Official]

Published on Jan 19, 2016
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Nefaro

Quote from: smithcorp on January 20, 2016, 03:29:31 AM
Quote from: RedArgo on January 19, 2016, 02:40:00 PM
Thanks for the link.

Current owners better make sure to log in during headstart and create a new character to get your exceptional ships.  I'll have to try to remember to do that tonight.

Hi RedArgo - I logged in and created a character (been in since Beta but haven't played for a few months) but don't see any changes, or additional ships (just the Lynx, not even the Yacht I had previously). Do they only appear after the official launch?

I logged in and was able to claim the Yacht.   No Lynx.

I'd rather have had the Lynx.

*shrug*

SirAndrewD

Avast! 

Well, I'll giving this one a go this weekend for sure.  I had no idea this was ready to go Early Access.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

smithcorp

Hmm, I'll have to find some way to redeem my yacht, didn't see it.

RedArgo

For me, the button was in the top middle of the screen while sitting in port.

Jarhead0331

I can't stand the UI. It keeps me from playing every time.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 21, 2016, 08:22:03 AM
I can't stand the UI. It keeps me from playing every time.

Fugly generic gray looks like crap, doesn't it? 

I thought they'd have UI art in at this point but I guess they aren't giving it much priority.   :-\

Asid

IMPORTANT WARNING: Do not delete your players

Dear Captains.

This is extremely important - please share this information within your guilds or group of friends.(national moderators please translate this message to individual communities)

Do not delete the players unless you are absolutely sure. Deleting the player will delete it on all servers.

Player XP is saved across servers (including the name). If you delete your player on one of the servers - you delete it EVERYWHERE.

We cannot restore the players. We plan to eventually add some long cool down options for nation switch, but before that if you delete your player this decision is final and you will have no way to restore it.

There is already a warning on deletion but we will update it to have more warning content :)
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying