Civ V - Gods and Kings Pre-Order

Started by TheCommandTent, May 31, 2012, 07:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

Civ V - Gods and Kings pre-order is up on STEAM for 10% off the release day price.

Sooo who is going to be getting this...??

and who is in for a GrogHeads multiplayer game after it comes out.  :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Steelgrave

Barthheart

Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 31, 2012, 07:58:14 PM
Civ V - Gods and Kings pre-order is up on STEAM for 10% off the release day price.

Sooo who is going to be getting this...??

and who is in for a GrogHeads multiplayer game after it comes out.  :)

Just waiting until next c.card cycle then ordering. Definitely up for a Grog MP game.  8)

steve58

My cc cycle ends around the 24th/25th so I'll be pre-ordering it soon...that is if the wife doesn't get on to me :)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Does it require the base game? Nevermind I see it does.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Gusington on May 31, 2012, 08:58:48 PM

All the more reason for your to buy them both.... 
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Gusington on May 31, 2012, 08:58:48 PM

Oh GUUUUSSSS!!! Check this piece from the marketing out... a new scenario:

QuoteEmpires of the Smoky Skies: Build flying airships and huge tractor-like tanks from the unique tech tree of this Victorian science-fiction scenario, and use them to spread your empire across the pre-industrial world.

STEAMPUNK CIV!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Gusington

^That is the whole reason why I am even looking at Gods and Kings :) I am going to play that scenario so hard it's mother will feel it.

Actually there was another scenario that fancied my tickle too...I forget what it was...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Gusington on June 01, 2012, 09:38:12 AM
^That is the whole reason why I am even looking at Gods and Kings :) I am going to play that scenario so hard it's mother will feel it.

Actually there was another scenario that fancied my tickle too...I forget what it was...

It sounds pretty freakin' awesome. I remember the first scenario expansion for Civ II had a post-apocalyptic scenario that was really awesome, and I loved playing the Mutant faction. I wish they would remake that one!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Gusington

I thought I read somewhere that this new steampunk scenario is either a fleshed out mod or is based on one...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Here is something else to like! Debates about Steam, eh....whatever. For most of us, it's what we got. One of my favorite features for Skyrim is the ability to easily add someone's mod directly from Steam via the Workshop. Well, now that feature is going to be available for Civ V! Click on Steam, check out new mods/units/etc....., check a box and there you go. Sweet!

http://www.2kgames.com/blog/civilization-v-is-coming-to-the-steam-workshop

Gusington

Quick Civ V question...in the standard game, without mods, can I adjust what era my game starts and ends in? For example, if I want to start in the Renaissance era and stop progression at the Industrial era, can I do that?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Gusington on June 05, 2012, 06:10:56 PM
Quick Civ V question...in the standard game, without mods, can I adjust what era my game starts and ends in? For example, if I want to start in the Renaissance era and stop progression at the Industrial era, can I do that?

I think you can change the start era but cannot stop in a certain era, you just play through to the space age era or whatever the last one is called.

eyebiter

You can modify the victory conditions to influence how the game will end.

Gusington

^But no matter what the game will always finish in the Space Age?

I remember at least one prior version of Civ, maybe Civ II, where the ending era could be chosen too.

:(

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd