1830-PC: Simply an amazing victory!

Started by MarkShot, June 01, 2012, 05:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkShot

Okay, I was just screwing around today after playing some CMAK.  I've only played 6 games of 1830-PC in 2011 and this was my first for 2012.  (Remember that for 3 years I had played 3 games/day.  Reaching a total of around 800 games and averaging about an 80% win:loss ratio.)  I never expected a win (and even made one rookie mistake).  Amazing!  And this is why I should be playing chess, because such things will never happen playing an engine with an ELO rating of 2000+ ... never ... ever!

MarkShot

Not sure why none of my screenshots are showing up in the thread.  They appear to syntactically correct.

Oh, well ...

MarkShot

Interesting.  They show up in IE, but not in FF.  Must be some add blocking software which I am running.

MarkShot

Yep, it is Adblock Plus 2.03 which is blocking images.  (interesting)

Bison

Now this is a sign that Mark is back into a full gaming swing!

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Bison on June 01, 2012, 06:34:57 PM
Now this is a sign that Mark is back into a full gaming swing!

It was my thought that Grogheads.com will not have "arrived" until we have a Markshot 1830 victory thread. Now the place really DOES feel like home!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

MarkShot

I think one of the reasons I haven't played any economic games (Cap1, Cap2, RTD, RT2, RT3, 1830) was that I didn't want to be reminded of having failed/given up at real stocks.

Greybriar

It's good to see that you are back in the old groove again, MarkShot.  :)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.