Main Menu

Axis Football 16

Started by 21sec, June 16, 2016, 03:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21sec

I have been fortunate enough to get access to Axis Games "Axis Football 16", and wanted to share some screenshots. Danny has been hard at work since AF 15, improving the modding options, expanding the playbooka, adding 10 and 15 minute quarter lengths, adjustable camera angles, and much more. Anyone interested in a football game on the PC that allows you to create and mod all aspects of a team and its stadium, AF 16 is the best option we've had in nearly a decade!

In the attached screenshots I created the University of Alabama and Notre Dame. You can see the custom logos, helmet logos, uniforms, and the fields for both schools. This is easy to do with Gimp or any other decent editor. In addition I changed the names of the players on each team to match the projected depth chart for the upcoming season, and I am also currently tweaking the players' ratings.

bbmike

That does look nice. Could this be the graphical football game I've been waiting for?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

WYBaugh

Graphics would be improved 100% if you removed Alabama.   ;D

Grim.Reaper

Hard to get excited about this one.....graphics are one thing, but it needs to play like real football.  I don't recall all the missing elements from the last version, but until all the core features/rules of American Football are included (maybe this one has it all) and good stat package included (along with realistic stats), not sure if I will buy it again......hope to be proven wrong.

MetalDog

Quote from: WYBaugh on June 16, 2016, 04:19:06 PM

That must make you an Auburn fan.  Tell me again how you like four National Championships in seven years?  Or maybe you are a Golden Domer.  In which case, has the police report come back on the elephant that STOMPED your a$$ a couple years ago in the title game?  ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Con

Was I the only one clicking on this in morbid fascination looking for an Italian versus German or Japan versus Hungary football game? :)

Just think how offensive the football logos could be

Con

21sec

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 16, 2016, 06:53:55 PM
Hard to get excited about this one.....graphics are one thing, but it needs to play like real football.  I don't recall all the missing elements from the last version, but until all the core features/rules of American Football are included (maybe this one has it all) and good stat package included (along with realistic stats), not sure if I will buy it again......hope to be proven wrong.

There are improvements in the on the field play. For starters the ability to select 10 or 15 minute quarters is a needed addition. I would like to see some of the run plays reworked, mainly the plays where anno lineman is pulling. In all instances, those plays see the pulling lineman coming from the frontside of the play, which can be problematic. The custom hot routes is a really nice feature which allows a user to essentially create a 6 route route tree. I've been able to hot route existing plays, taking advantage certain existing routes to essentially run a common pass concept such as smash or levels.

I'll post some gameplay videos when I get back from vacation.

I'm happy to see the progress being made from last year. Hopefully enough people will be pleased with the progress and the game will be worth their time to continue to develop and improve.

reapagan

I'm doing the beta on this too. I look at this more from the coaching/franchise aspect as my mania for FPS football pro series knows no limit and I have to say that the play execution is much improved over the 2015 version. As a competitor for Madden graphics wise there is no comparison but the actual player control is also much improved over the previous version.
My first impressions are limited by the limited scope of the beta but overall a most favorable impression. Playcalling is straight forward with formation, run, and pass selections as well as special teams. Play resolution animations are smooth and look good but could be and I'm sure will be improved. I'm looking forward to seeing all the rest of the parts of this come together as the potential is certainly there for this to be special.

Nefaro

So.. does this have full GM "career" style play?  I don't recall where it was on that.

21sec

Quote from: Nefaro on June 16, 2016, 10:44:08 PM
So.. does this have full GM "career" style play?  I don't recall where it was on that.

This was what Danny posted to the FB page a few weeks ago:
Franchise mode is the last feature we need to implement before release. Right now, it looks like we will initially offer a multi season franchise mode but there won't be a lot of team management at release. We will update the game after release to expand franchise mode.

This also is something to look forward some day in the future:
We will be adding college teams to Axis Football in the future with interaction between their rosters and the pro teams when it comes to setting up franchise mode.

WYBaugh

Quote from: MetalDog on June 16, 2016, 07:57:22 PM
Quote from: WYBaugh on June 16, 2016, 04:19:06 PM

That must make you an Auburn fan.  Tell me again how you like four National Championships in seven years?  Or maybe you are a Golden Domer.  In which case, has the police report come back on the elephant that STOMPED your a$$ a couple years ago in the title game?  ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Florida grad so you have recent smack talk to throw out :)

bobarossa

Quote from: Con on June 16, 2016, 09:28:53 PM
Was I the only one clicking on this in morbid fascination looking for an Italian versus German or Japan versus Hungary football game? :)

Just think how offensive the football logos could be

Con
Nope, I keep picturing Swastika's on the side of helmets.  Blitzkrieg left and Blitzkrieg right plays;  Dive! Dive!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: 21sec on June 16, 2016, 10:14:57 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 16, 2016, 06:53:55 PM

There are improvements in the on the field play. For starters the ability to select 10 or 15 minute quarters is a needed addition. I would like to see some of the run plays reworked, mainly the plays where anno lineman is pulling. In all instances, those plays see the pulling lineman coming from the frontside of the play, which can be problematic. The custom hot routes is a really nice feature which allows a user to essentially create a 6 route route tree. I've been able to hot route existing plays, taking advantage certain existing routes to essentially run a common pass concept such as smash or levels.

I'll post some gameplay videos when I get back from vacation.

I'm happy to see the progress being made from last year. Hopefully enough people will be pleased with the progress and the game will be worth their time to continue to develop and improve.

Appreciate the additional information....unfortunately, just not sure if this can ever turn into the game we are all hoping to get.....not because the developer isn't trying, its just hard where big companies can't do it, so even harder for one-man shops.  I hope it does turn out great, but last year's version seemed miles away......looks like release date is around July 15th, so I guess we will find out soon enough.

vyshka

I wish the folks that were behind the Front Page Sports Football series would put together a kickstarter for a reboot of that game.

Father Ted

Quote from: Con on June 16, 2016, 09:28:53 PM

Con

Not much of a game, that one:  as we all know Germany always win on penalties