Your favorite Summer Sale game?

Started by Greybriar, June 30, 2016, 04:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Which of the games you purchased during one of this year's Summer Sales did you like best?

For me it was Master of Orion: Collector's Edition from GOG.com. It doesn't have as big a discount as many other titles, but I am enjoying it much more than many of the other games I bought for 75%+ off.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Dammit Carl!

Arma, and what could arguably be called its progeny via the "sandbox zombie survival games," has to be the bees-knees of games for me right now.

Intense PvP action with little room for error as well as tons of mods makes this a title that will hang on my hard drive for some time to come.

tgb

I just discovered Steamworld Heist last night.  Turn based tactical gunplay between cowboy robots ("cowbots") aboard spaceships?  More, please.

Jarhead0331

This could be a very deadly thread for some at a time when everyone thought they were out of woods.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

I haven't played any yet!

I would say Crookz - The Big Heist and TROPICO 5: COMPLETE COLLECTION both on GOG.

Raied

So far my favorite one is Vietnam 65.

Rayfer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 30, 2016, 06:14:27 AM
This could be a very deadly thread for some at a time when everyone thought they were out of woods.

Very true.....I haven't bought anything in the summer sales yet.  :-\

bbmike

Wait, people are actually playing the games they are buying? ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

jamus34

Quote from: bbmike on June 30, 2016, 08:51:42 AM

It's madness I tell you, madness
Insert witty comment here.

Raied

Quote from: bbmike on June 30, 2016, 08:51:42 AM

I have to play new game immedietly after purchase for at least 1 hour, so can I shelf it later without guilt  :P

Skwerl

Of those I've played so far (I bought several that I haven't played yet) "Cranks and Goggles" - a top-down racing sim set in the 1920s-30s.  Includes knock-offs of the giant "aero-engined" Brooklands cars.  Minimalist graphics, but a ton of fun. On Steam for $5.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Renowned Explorers.  Played that more than anything else I downloaded.

MengJiao

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on June 30, 2016, 05:32:55 AM
Arma, and what could arguably be called its progeny via the "sandbox zombie survival games," has to be the bees-knees of games for me right now.

Intense PvP action with little room for error as well as tons of mods makes this a title that will hang on my hard drive for some time to come.

I got a cheap extras package for Heros and Generals, so I'm unexpectedly back at that.

trek

Evochron Legacy. The game is amazing and done by a one-man army at less than 400mb in size too.

Cyrano

Fallout 4.  Late to the party I know, but I wanted my new PC in place so's I could play it on ULTRA.

Arma III.  Honestly, I think they finally got the game right...and I've been playing it since the first Flashpoint.  Ridiculously immersive.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806