Steam Paradox Weekend Sale

Started by Bison, June 07, 2012, 12:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on June 08, 2012, 05:50:14 PM

Its on sale at Steam too. I think the GG and Steam sale pretty much match so its a pick your dd of choice weekend.

I didn't see it there yesterday.  :-\  I'm seeing a few more than on Steam over there - I guess a couple were never published on it either.  Like Montjoie.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on June 08, 2012, 05:52:55 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14259/

Now I see why I overlooked it.  The pic has that hated "DLC" band across it.  I generally skip looking at those.  :P

W8taminute

Quote from: Bison on June 08, 2012, 04:54:33 PM
I'd be leary of a Mac version for the simple fact that Ageod does not support Mac versions.  The updating of the Mac version is controlled by the company who ported the game to iOS, so you are not likely to get good or timely support if any when Ageod patches the PC version.

Good point.  Ok no MAC version.  So the price on both Steam or GG is pretty attractive.  Might have to update my "what are you playing this weekend?" post.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Bison

I went kind of crazy.  The DLC I was missing for HOI3, CK2 and Vicky2 and ADH.  I've been meaning to play Vicky2 for sometime now.

Gusington

Let me know what you think. I am desperate for some British Empiring.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I would but the f'n game is crashing during load up.  So I've put in a question over at PI tech forums asking for help.  Unbelievable.  Some day I'm just going to walk way from PI and not look back.  They really are becoming the poster child of releasing buggy crap and a piss poor attitude when dealing with people lodging complaints.

Bison

OK.  I did some searching and figure out how to get the game to start up.  Had to delete some map folder caching and document caches.  This is complete crap however.  It should just freaking download and install.  I'm not sure why PI seems to think its a cool part of their game experience for the customer to fix the damn games.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on June 10, 2012, 08:11:34 PM
OK.  I did some searching and figure out how to get the game to start up.  Had to delete some map folder caching and document caches.  This is complete crap however.  It should just freaking download and install.  I'm not sure why PI seems to think its a cool part of their game experience for the customer to fix the damn games.

Why is there a caching issue on your first start-up?  That's.. odd.  Unless Vic2's map cache building is a bit screwy at times.  I only ever had to delete that stuff when updating the program, or adding a mod.  Thankfully they got smart on their newer games and you don't have to go do that anymore.

Gusington

^Your posts are all I needed to read. Staying away from Victoria II as I have been warned repeatedly.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on June 11, 2012, 11:25:47 AM
^Your posts are all I needed to read. Staying away from Victoria II as I have been warned repeatedly.

LOL.  I wasn't sure if people actually paid attention to my impressions.  *shrug*

Who knows?  Perhaps once you get it running for a bit, you may find some avenue of enjoyment.  My longest play time with it was my first - when I chose the ailing Ottoman Turks and proceeded to immediately put the smack down on Egypt.   Luckily I didn't have to mess with the Influence jockeying or sit and stare off while waiting for the days to tick by while my automated economy chugged along.  Of course, I'm not normally the type to jump straight into steamrolling the world when I play these Paradox games - that kinda takes me out of the immersion too.  Fortunately the Casus Belli system in Vic2 is fairly restrictive but people can always find a way to work the system more than intended.   For the same reason (the CB system), it's also an even slower developing war-related campaign than most Pdox games. 

I'm still going to attempt to get it to click sometime.  Perhaps using a popular mod for it will add that extra something for me.

son_of_montfort

Anyway, Crusader Kings 2 is SO much better and will consume a lot of time. If you have to make a cost-benefit analysis, that is a factor.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

I wish they'd make an EU:Rome 2 with the whole CK2 character system setup in it.  Playing as ancient nobility could be done fairly similarly, I think.

Then Gus could beat his digital household slaves every time something went wrong.