1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Normandy - Released

Started by Strela, November 12, 2016, 08:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocketman

Downloaded the patch from the link, but updating broke the game. Can't start a scenario, it still says 1.01, I have Kursk-files in some folders and the UI looks the same. I used the correct folder location. Re-install?

Edit: I don't even own Kursk or other Tiller games. Win 10, latest build.

Strela

Quote from: rocketman on November 13, 2016, 11:19:56 AM
Downloaded the patch from the link, but updating broke the game. Can't start a scenario, it still says 1.01, I have Kursk-files in some folders and the UI looks the same. I used the correct folder location. Re-install?

Yes. My fault. I put an inadvertent space in the default game directory.

You can either use the browse function to find the right directory of redownload a corrected version of the patch from the JTS site.

I also fixed the Kursk comment.

David

Moreb

Quote from: Strela on November 13, 2016, 03:35:38 PM
Quote from: rocketman on November 13, 2016, 11:19:56 AM

Yes. My fault. I put an inadvertent space in the default game directory.

You can either use the browse function to find the right directory of redownload a corrected version of the patch from the JTS site.

I also fixed the Kursk comment.

David

There was no space in the file I have and even downloaded the one from JTS and browsed to the correct folder. I have a 1.02 changelog in the correct folder after unzipping but the game still shows 1.01.

Kursk worked fine.
When dongles fly? - mirth

rocketman

Still doesn't work. Uninstalled the game, made sure all the Kursk-leftovers that was mistakenly installed with the patch were deleted. Clean install and then the patch freshly downloaded from JTS (which should include 1.01). Game starts, no start screen, empty scenario menu and it says 1.00 version.

Strela

OK guys give me a short while to check. We have reports that the wrong patch has been uploaded.

I need 30 mins to validate.

We will come back with the steps to fix if that's the case.

My apologies for the angst.

David

Moreb

I want my money back....oh, wait. :D

Yeah. What rocketman said. The changelog says kursk

rocketman

Yeah, all the Kusk-stuff is back mixed up with the Normandy game. Don't understand though how the patch has worked for some?

Strela

Quote from: rocketman on November 13, 2016, 04:45:31 PM
Yeah, all the Kusk-stuff is back mixed up with the Normandy game. Don't understand though how the patch has worked for some?

All, the wrong patch has been uploaded when trying to fix the blank space issue in the Normandy path.

This is not JTS fault but mine alone.

We will be back with the best way to fix it once we have the right upload done.

Never do stuff at 1am (with a head cold)

The reason it has worked for some is that the original patch was right - it was the attempt to fix a pathing issue that saw the wrong files zipped up.

My deep apologies...

David

rahamy

Sorry for the problem guys, I just finished uploading a file that is correct. Please do the following:

Uninstall the existing Normandy game.
Delete the game folder and any residual files.
Download the patch again from here - http://www.johntillersoftware.com/updates/BattlesNormandy_102_upd.exe
Do a new install.
Run the update - make sure and use the Browse button to select the proper folder where the game is installed.

That should get you going again.

Regards,
Rich
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/

Moreb

rocketman

Yes, that worked. Do not that the dialogue that shows when opening the zip-file is "install Kursk in..." folder. Also there was a space in the folder location that I deleted. Don't know if that is necessary or not.

rocketman

One comment on the new toolbar. I like it and I want to use the small one as it fills one row on my screen and it is not too obtrusive. However, I would like a pressed button to be more clearly visible as pressed. Now at a glance, they look more or less the same.

rahamy

Thanks for the replys. David & Berto will be monitoring the threads and will address any issues that are determined.
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Moreb

I havent had time to mess with it much, but the shortcuts and toolbar are great. Thanks again for the update.