Your Holiday Sales Damage Thread

Started by airboy, November 25, 2016, 04:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

I'm in the $0 club b/c that's the club my current bank account put me in.  I suspect that'll change on Wednesday when payday hits and I pay a visit to the FLGS.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

And you call yourself the Grogfather.  ::) :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

RedArgo

Front Office Football 8, only $3 off, but I guess that counts?

Still have 4 of my 6 wishlist items on sale, so I may not be done.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on November 25, 2016, 06:53:03 PM

You realize I've got abut 6-8 Kickstarters all due in within the next few weeks, plus the review copies I get, right?  And we ain't even talking about the Origins loot I'm still working thru :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

DennisS

Rocket League, $11 and some change
Motorsport Manager, $26
Transport Fever, $31

I am looking at either Parkitect, or shooting the wad on Planet Coaster. Neither are on sale..so I may just wait. These three games above are all just excellent, and will take a fair amount of time. Two hours per dollar spent..them's my new rule!

Greybriar

The only game I have purchased so far has been Anno 2070 Complete Edition for 75% off, or $7.50 U.S.

I tried to buy Dominions 4 while it was on sale for $7 but there was a glitch somewhere and it prevented me from buying the game until the price went back up. >:(
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

bbmike

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 25, 2016, 09:31:12 PM
Quote from: bbmike on November 25, 2016, 06:53:03 PM

You realize I've got abut 6-8 Kickstarters all due in within the next few weeks, plus the review copies I get, right?  And we ain't even talking about the Origins loot I'm still working thru :)

Ok, you are the Grogfather.  :notworthy:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Martok

Oriental Empires for $20.09. 

That might be it for the season.  Anything else I'm tempted to get is either not on sale (or the "sale" price is still too high for me), or isn't even available for sale yet in any case. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Raied

Still 0, there will be breaking point soon though.

Martok

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

bayonetbrant

Martok

Barthheart

Quote from: bbmike on November 25, 2016, 04:54:52 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 25, 2016, 04:52:06 PM
$250 for a 43" 4K TV to act as my monitor, picked up today.
$1600 for a new PC that shows up Wed.... first new PC in 7 years.

Oh... you meant games.... none yet...  :D

Specs! We need to drool over the specs!

Sorry for the late reply.
Nothing really special for the price:

Intel i7-6700, 16 GB ram, 256GB SSD, 2TB HD 7200rpm, NVidia GeForce GTX980.

Only weak part is it's power supply which is only 500W... might steal my fairly new 700W supply from my current machine.
GTX980 is OK but will upgrade that in the spring.

43" TV is great and it's HUGE! had to build an extension for my desk to move it back an additional 10". Still using my old machine with it which has a GTX 550Ti so can't try higher resolutions than 1920x1080 yet.

Father Ted

Quote from: Barthheart on November 26, 2016, 12:34:40 PM

Only weak part is it's power supply which is only 500W... might steal my fairly new 700W supply from my current machine.
GTX980 is OK but will upgrade that in the spring.

43" TV is great and it's HUGE! had to build an extension for my desk to move it back an additional 10". Still using my old machine with it which has a GTX 550Ti so can't try higher resolutions than 1920x1080 yet.

I would definitely bung in the 700W PSU - that 980GTX pushing all those pixels around a 43" monitor...

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd