Your Holiday Sales Damage Thread

Started by airboy, November 25, 2016, 04:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman2575

Like smittyohio, my holiday purchases have been very modest, and similarly "War in the X" oriented -- picked up the two WitE expansions for $15 altogether. Have to say I'm tempted by War in the West at 50% off, but it does bother me that no modders have given this game the kind of overhaul WitE has gotten. I just really hate the vanilla WitE/WitW user interface.

Yskonyn

I read on the WitE thread on GH that WitW aparently cannot be modded.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

sandman2575

Really? Wow, that's news to me. Not good news though...

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Nefaro

Quote from: Hartford688 on December 04, 2016, 03:54:34 AM
Well maybe I'll get some things in the Christmas sales.

I was very restrained in the recent one - while I was sorely tempted to get CMANO and did a lot of reading and watching, all I ended up getting were two ancient Star Wars games for about EUR 8.

And now playing one of those (KOTOR) and also the free Neverwinter Nights Diamond from GOG. Very enjoyable.

KOTOR =  :bd:

One of the few single-player RPGs I habitually played straight through.  May have lost some sleep in between sessions.  :D  Also on my, "So Nice I Bought It Twice" list, which is a rather short one.   

Oooo!  New thread idea!

Yskonyn

Quote from: Geezer on December 04, 2016, 06:23:22 PM
I see quite a few WitW mods here:  http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1459

If thats the case then please dont shoot the messenger. I just relayed something someone said in the WitE thread recently. Haven't looked into WitW myself yet.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Slick Wilhelm

So far, only Strategic Command: WWII - War in Europe. I'm probably going to pick up Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa during this sale, too.