Wild Terra Online Medieval MMO Sandbox

Started by AchillesLastStand, September 17, 2016, 01:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AchillesLastStand

http://www.playwildterra.com/?utm_source=Wild+Terra+News&utm_campaign=9bd38e6104-_test_closing_en&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_bdf49606c9-9bd38e6104-277344181#showCaseScreen

Massively multiplayer life simulator in a fully player-driven medieval world. Surviving in wild nature, craft, unlimited building, PvP and castle sieges. Start as a survivor - become a medieval king!

What is "Wild Terra"?

A massively multiplayer life simulator in a fully player-driven medieval world. EVERY character here is a real person. To get anything you will have to create it by yourself, trade it from someone else or take by force.

We want to make a game that can be played by everyone, whether you are an experienced player or an absolute newbie who just started exploring the world of videogames. A part of the tedious processes is shortened or simplified to keep the possibility to compete with other players without "living" in the game world.

Everyone here will find an activity to one's liking: world exploration, wild animal hunting, craft and husbandry, arranging of a cozy corner for oneself, fighting other players, and even sieges of medieval castles.

I got the EA Knight package the other day and am loving it so far, the crafting/construction system is deep and expect no hand holding. I have already starved to death twice and been eaten by a Bear twice as well. For 13$ I consider it a bargain especially if you are into the genre. The game reminds me of a mix of Ultima Online/Life is Feudal and Wurm Online.

Rayfer

Looks interesting. Didn't notice if there was a monthly fee or just the buy-in cost? I wonder how PvP really works...it could make or break a game like this.

Tpek

Is the PvP mandatory? (free for all open world PvP)
What are the penalties for death? (do you lose stuff you carry? do your skills/attributes get lowered? an experience penalty?)

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Rayfer on September 17, 2016, 03:53:37 PM
Looks interesting. Didn't notice if there was a monthly fee or just the buy-in cost? I wonder how PvP really works...it could make or break a game like this.

Buy in cost only, buying into the entry level package I also got 1000 gold which can be spent for recipes, xp bonuses, etc. The game isn't pay to win at all. Have not done any PvP yet so not sure. There are safe zones as well as zones that are PVP.

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Tpek on September 17, 2016, 03:58:56 PM
What are the penalties for death? (do you lose stuff you carry? do your skills/attributes get lowered? an experience penalty?)

Not mandatory no, but I assume it is a nice part of the game. If you die you can respawn randomly or to your home base and you must find your corpse to get back all your belongings. There are not hits to XP or skills that I know of. As far as I know if you get looted you can be looted for everything on your person{only been playing a few hours so not 100% certain}. But you can build storage containers in your base/castle as well.

Tpek

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on September 17, 2016, 05:01:24 PM

Not mandatory no, but I assume it is a nice part of the game. If you die you can respawn randomly or to your home base and you must find your corpse to get back all your belongings. There are not hits to XP or skills that I know of. As far as I know if you get looted you can be looted for everything on your person{only been playing a few hours so not 100% certain}. But you can build storage containers in your base/castle as well.

So just a severe death penalty, but other players cannot attack me directly without my consent?

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Tpek on September 18, 2016, 10:36:49 AM
Quote from: AchillesLastStand on September 17, 2016, 05:01:24 PM

So just a severe death penalty, but other players cannot attack me directly without my consent?

If you venture into the PVP "zone" of the map, yes you may be attacked without your consent.

Tpek

Have they finally implemented Private Servers?
So people could host a more PvE or player-friendly environments.

acctingman

This game reminds me of a nicer looking Ultima Online.

OH....the memories! :bd:

So many times I'd have to do a naked corpse run past gazers!  :tickedoff:

Tpek