Wasteland 2 update

Started by TheCommandTent, June 11, 2012, 08:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

I know a number of you guys already put money down on Wasteland 2 and some of you others were interested in watching the progress.

inXile entertainment released their vision document.  Its an interesting read about what they want out of the game.  Alot of great concepts put down on paper, I hope they can deliver what has been promised.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxMevjNSr2EjbDBpZ2ZMdmNnc28/view?pli=1&sle=true
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

^Thanks for posting! Will read when I am more awake.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

TheCommandTent

QuoteNewport Beach, CA - July 10th, 2012 - InXile Entertainment today confirmed that Wasteland 2 will include the original Wasteland game that was released in 1987. The original RPG is considered the godfather of post apocalyptic games and went on to win numerous awards. Computer Gaming World inducted Wasteland into their Hall of Fame, and in 1996 they ranked it the #9 best game from a list of 150 games.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/108751-wasteland-2-to-include-wasteland.html

I never got to play the original so this is very cool news.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

junk2drive

Played the original on an Apple IIe

Gusington

I played it on the C-64...it was true love.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

You guys think I should play the original before playing Wasteland 2.

Gusington

No harm in firing it up to see what us geezers get all frothy about.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jjdenver

There's not plot really to it so playing the first isn't really important. But the first is a ton of fun so if you have time to play it I'd recommend playing it.

Gusington

^I disagree there. There is a plot albeit a simple one: survive and help your team survive. Level up. Kick booty.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

The first screenshot of Wasteland 2 early in development has been released.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/20/3172511/wastland-2s-first-screenshot-is-promising

QuoteMore than three months after wrapping up a Wasteland 2 Kickstarter that pulled in nearly $3 million in pledges, developers Inxile Entertainment have released the first in-game screenshot for the game.

The image, captured in the Unity-engine-powered game, shows a red-tinged wasteland specked with the clutter of a post-apocalyptic world. Standing in a rough circle, five diminutive characters seem to be drawing their sights on a massive scorpion posed across a glowing green ravine from them. In the backdrop of the shot looms a gas station in tatters, a worn American flag draped over the corner of the roof, a sign reading "keep out" hung in the center.

"Releasing a screen shot this early in the process is a new concept for me as we typically want to hone in every element before we show it," developer Brian Fargo wrote in an update to the Kickstarter. "But based on the requests and our desire for fan input, we are doing so to solicit feedback on the basic look. Please keep in mind that we have not put in the particle effects and post-processing which will have a dramatic effect on the scene, and this represents just one of the various environments for Wasteland 2 so expect to see other quite different locales. Also, this particular camera angle is on the low end of a range that the player can adjust upwards to a much more top-down view, for those who prefer that style during game play."

TheCommandTent

Please forgive me, I'll be bumping this thread until the game is released.  :)

From the Wasteland Facebook page

QuoteAs promised we got Mark Morgan to provide a snippet from the music he is doing for us. This is from the LA area that is abundant with cults vying for power. Listen here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX6MA7WF8YA

Gusington

I have to say...I dig the 1st shot.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd