You're so vain, you probably think this FRIDAY's about you

Started by MetalDog, December 30, 2016, 07:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I know, not the usual MetalDog fare, but, it's the song that was stuck in my head when I woke up.  Figured it was an omen or something.

My usual Civ MP partner has me on a Warlock kick.  I've probably got 20 hours in on it in the last two weeks.  I'm whooping the dog out of him, but, it's not as obvious in Warlock as it is in Civ.  Going to continue that this weekend.  I also have a Medieval 2 campaign as Spain that I am trying to wrap up.  It's a short one to control 15 Regions and eliminate the Portugese and Moors.  Already got the Portugese, I lack two regions for the Moors.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Rayfer

Holiday sale purchases rule the weekend....SoW: Waterloo and Pike and Shot Campaigns.
ps. MD...another good song choice. I love the lyrics...quite scathing.

undercovergeek

Endless space 2 and warhammer dwarves

Endless space 2 I'm learning the ropes, mixed in with some let's play and as per usual for amplitude it's very immersive - the new system 'planet round up' is great, when you enter a new system the Ui introduces each planet with a review of its resources and possible hidden gems

My dwarves started the dawi civil war and it felt bad! But it's the only way to get all the clans on board and ready for chaos - the once great Barak varr will soon be crushed leaving only one clan on my side of the mountains then I'll look at ridding the world of the undead

jamus34

Finish building 2 PC's (had a comment on tech forum due to Win 7 not liking new PC tech)

Reinstalling a metric shit-ton o' games.

Grabbing couple of things from various sales (DC:B and WitW are two that really have my eye)

Taking the oldest to SW:R1 today.

New Years and the requisite drinking / partying involved.

And whatever else that may tickle my fancy.
Insert witty comment here.

JudgeDredd

Off to Wales this weekend to see my bessie mate from the army and drink and be merry and go to the rugby on New Years Day so no gaming for me over the weekend although tonight I should be able to squeeze in some Car Mechanic Simulator  :(

Love Carly Simon
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Dammit Carl!

Going to continue to run around a devastated New York and shoot people in The Division.  For giggles, I think I'm going just run around with a sawed-off shotgun and Mosin Nagant model 44 and wreck shit as my murder hobo loots up.  I swear I'm going to do honest-to-God missions one day.

Tuna

Great song none the less MD! Will probably be doing World of Warships. Started a Total War Attilla Campaign last night. Also will probably be practicing taking off in my FW 190 with the new rudder Pedals in IL2 BoS. Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!

Barthheart

PBEM with SDR... long running Plan Orange game started up again.

Started a new Civ VI game as Kongo (random pic) on the new Earth map. Got placed where is normally Venezuela with Egypt where Brazil is normally. Crushed them, so now I'm the King of South America.  :bd: North America is next.  >:D

Some more Car Mechanic 2015. Changed the names so now I can identify with the cars better.

bbmike

Ok, I'm weirded out now. I woke up with that song in my head too!  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 30, 2016, 08:23:42 AM
although tonight I should be able to squeeze in some Car Mechanic Simulator  :(

Join the club, brother. I recently installed new valve cover gaskets in both Audis to stop the burning oil smell. Sure beats paying stealership labor prices, though.  :bd:

As for gaming, I'm still having a blast playing the Barbarossa campaign as the Russians in Strategic Command: WWII. I'm also going to pick up Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa this weekend. I'm back to a WWII frame of mind lately, after taking a long break from it.

Destraex

On holidays atm.

Naval Action with some mates
Atlantic Fleet (from the sales)
Vermintide with mates -(sales again)
A little Verdun
Some battlefront with my son (yuk)
Hoping to learn scourge of war and do some combat mission with patch 4.0
Maybe some PT boats - been meaning to play that game properly

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

FarAway Sooner

Ah, Carly Simon!

I'm trying to win my first ever Endless Legend game (had it for 2 years, started many, but this time I want to make it to the end-game!).  Then moving on to try out one of my new Christmas acquisitions (Stellaris?  Thea: The Awakening?)...

(Like I'm going to finish my EL game that soon!!   ;D

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

stolypin

Grigsby's War in the East (Matrix)

Command: Modern Air and Naval Operations (Matrix)

Steel Panthers WW2 (Shrapnel).

Reading rules for Scourge of War Waterloo and Combat Mission.