You're so vain, you probably think this FRIDAY's about you

Started by MetalDog, December 30, 2016, 07:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I will run-out the Old Year with some drinks, home-made wings, football, and DC: Case Blue Op. Uranus where the Soviets have just reached Rostov to cut-off the Germans Army Group A. And maybe squeeze in some Alea Jacta Est where the Pompeyians are giving Ceasar all he can handle and then some. Happy New Year Grogs!  :peace:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MikeGER

...now i want to fly a Learjet in X-Plane10 to Nova Scotia with date set to March 7, 1970  ^-^

i hope i find some time tomorrow to run some CM 4.0 tests with an older save-game CMRT battle to witness the changes when i continue that scenario to the end, this time with the new patch.   

Bison

I'll be kicking back on the couch and playing Gears of War 4.  I've destroyed many robots and suspect that many more will be destroyed in the near future.

Gusington

Licking my wounds from getting a righteous ass kicking as the Lombards in Attila - Total War: Age of Charlemagne. Stayed up until 2am this morning modding the game and will return for a Mercia campaign because that's how I roll.

I also LOVE the Enderal mod for Skyrim. It is absolutely amazing that a small team created this. I am only 2-3 hours in but it has really grabbed me. And it's free!!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Seems like i am going to play:

- Rise and Fall: Civilization at War
- Civilization V
- Master of Orion CtS

Raied

GG WitE: Playing 2 PBEMs, the grand campaign (since 3 months now) and operation Blue, both as Axis

DC: B, playing PBEM as axis, this is my third game in PBEM and I love the game more every time.

Combat Mission FB (just got it reading the manual and learning to be ready for PBEM).

Command Ops 2 the cauldron (learning the game, I just love the maps of north Africa missions).

Campaign Series Middle East (just got it in matrix sale, trying it out, like it so far).

Field of Glory (got the battle pack in matrix sale just wanting to play the battle of Qaddisya)

BanzaiCat

Wish I could play Skyrim...the graphics are all glitchy on the characters in the game on this 'new' rig of mine. Sad because my 10+ year old rig could run this game flawlessly. Even when I lower the graphics to the bare minimum I still get the flashy/staticky look to the characters. The terrain is fine, but not the 'living' things.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Quote from: bbmike on December 30, 2016, 08:59:47 AM
Ok, I'm weirded out now. I woke up with that song in my head too!  :o

Seperated at birth?

Too much LDS in the 60's?

Love yourself enough for everyone?  Just like me?

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: mikeck on December 30, 2016, 11:34:33 AM
In his defense, the song IS about him.

Oh the irony.  I'll be playing some CloD and Ironclads II and maybe some Graviteam

JasonPratt

Meandering around on various things, including as Napoleon in Cyrano's forum wargame.

Also including: setting up a forum game of Fire in the Lake (GMT's strategic Vietnam War game), where I'll be using Tabletop Simulator as my virtual game table and acting as gamemaster for two teams of Grogheads. Since the game is completely open on its information, no one has to own TTS to play -- I'll just post snapshots updating situations, and alerting players when it's time for them to make choices. Once I set up the DAR thread (soon), anyone can watch, comment, advise, and if someone has to drop out anyone can pick up their position easily and continue.

Currently, Banzai_Cat and ArizonaTank (both FitL vets) are signed up to play one of the four factions. Nefaro and Jomni have expressed interest; since neither have played it (although Nef owns a physical version of the game), if/when they confirm I'd pair each of them on teams with BC and AzTank. But if someone else jumps in, that's fine. (If necessary I'll play a fourth faction until when-if-ever someone else wants to pick up play.)

Here's a look at the gameboard for North, Middle, and South territories and cities on the board (minus some other board information to avoid distractions for now).

For those who don't know, FitL uses three randomly shuffled decks to provide options to players about how to place and remove influence markers in the territories, roads, and major cities of the war. In that sense, it's a little like Twilight Struggle, except no one has secret cards in their hands: everything's out on the table. (Also, the rules are somewhat more complex.) The four factions are teamed, naturally, as US / ARVN vs. NVA / VC. Factions operate somewhat independently and even somewhat at odds with their own teammates, so while one team will win one player will win more specifically. The north team may win for example but the Viet Cong player might be the specific winner.

Pregame discussion thread is here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18567.msg492022#new

I'll post the DAR thread start in the digital AAR category soon.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

CJReich46

Well, not working until Sunday 9am  so I have off.

I got a new TV a nice Vizio 32" HDTV plus a Roku stick  :smitten: for Christmas from my parents. They heard I was trying to save to get a new one.  So maybe I might be watching stuff on my Roku? I don't really know.

Game wise I have been determined to win the Age of Ice scenario in Civ IV -BTS. But I keep getting creamed.  But I will keep trying. I haven't really made any plans to be honest. But I wish you all a Happy New Year

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

undercovergeek

In an unprecedented 12 hour play session ive built a solid foundation in the Warhammer Dwarf campaign!! I triggered the civil war in a bid to unite the Dwarven clans and it resulted in the 2 next largest factions vassal-ing up - i had to take a lot of steps backwards and loose a lot of ground as they wore themselves down and i could reposition my armies. In the end in what was either a cheesey move by the AI or coincidence, as the dust settled on the final unifying battle and the whole of the Misty Mountain area became mine, Chaos marauders came out of the west and raised 5 of my newly taken cities to the ground - a lot of work to get that sorted out, and then all 6 of my armies could finally march north and take down the despicable Vampires. They declared in the middle of my civil war and took a lot of my northern settlements as i had noone up there to compete with Manfred - i swore to him, my dwarves and myself that they would pay, and ive just saved now with the death of the last Vampire army. Theres a huge amount of empty land between me and the empire, land i cant take as a Dwarf so i hope it will help the empire. Why help the empire?

Chaos. Chaos arrived and swept through the vampires and the empire like a horrible disease, reducing everything to ruins, they then turned west and reduced tilea and bretonnia to dust - i dont know where they are now i only know on the strategic map, everything north and west is owned by 'ruins' - its an awful, empty feeling, but little settlements of empire keep springing up in the gaps and ill help where i can.

The only chaos army i saw before the swept west!

The last of the Greenskin horde - they brought a giant, and a champion on a dragon - seen fleeing for his life here, i brought Empire allies

They also brought a giant spider mounted shaman!

The known world, im orange

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd