Main Menu

(Colonial) THIS!!!

Started by spelk, February 11, 2017, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spelk

Very excited about this, blossomed out of a twitter conversation.. no official stuff, but Hells Bells, break out the Mealie bags and Biscuit Boxes!!! :)

https://twitter.com/ESSoldier/status/830377219444842496

Skwerl

I've been waiting for something like this ever since Age of Rifles.  Instant buy!

Slick Wilhelm

I can't tell from that Twitterfest what it actually is. Miniatures system, or a PC game? Is Fury Software the developer if it's the latter?

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Steelgrave

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 11, 2017, 02:40:47 PM
I hate twitter.

Get off my lawn....but I completely agree with you   8)

Zulu1966

Not sure I get the excitement. I cant work out what it is he is intending to do from two posts on twitter.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

spelk

Quote from: Zulu1966 on February 11, 2017, 04:16:31 PM
Not sure I get the excitement. I cant work out what it is he is intending to do from two posts on twitter.

Well, I only linked the Tweet that had the image in it.. there was some banter beforehand, mainly centered around the Zulu War book... but the ESS guys seem to intimate that there is an Anglo-Zulu War game in their future.. possibly an RTS with a strategic layer, and also it will expand into the Boer War and the Sudan etc..

If I can work out how to link to the full conversation, I will link it..

spelk

I think this is the first tweet... with the rest of the conversation thread...

Now I know we old folks like forums, but you know, the new stuff  is on the Twitters, and the sooner we get used to it the better ;)

https://twitter.com/ESSoldier/status/830274602031017984

Zulu1966

Arnet these the guys that did the Vietnam game and Afghan 11 ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

spelk

FarAway Sooner

This crap would be so much easier to follow if it still came off the reliable teletype machine...

besilarius

Or if Bletchley Park still was reading Enigma.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.