Mr Rock n Roll FRIDAY

Started by JudgeDredd, March 31, 2017, 03:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

How are you supposed to adjust those engine controls coming through the right front cowling while airborne? Are they only for the ground crew to set pre-flight?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 01, 2017, 09:06:42 PM
i admire shooting the wing gun into the ground as you cratered. The artillery afterward seemed a fitting salute.  :bd:

Those were bullets originally meant for that potential target I spotted low and to my 1 o'clock at the beginning.  My bullets were disappointed.

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 02, 2017, 05:32:15 AM
How are you supposed to adjust those engine controls coming through the right front cowling while airborne? Are they only for the ground crew to set pre-flight?

All you gotta jockey with the SPAD VII is the radiator and fuel mixture while flying IIRC. 

Love flying ye olde WW1 kites.  Very little engine management for a lot of visceral open cockpit flying & high-lift + low-speed acrobatics.

ROF is the best I've seen at a flight sim actually portraying the "feel" of maneuvering an aircraft, on a 2D screen with no actual movement of you or your machine.  It's portrayed so well, via sound and simulated physics, that it's the only flight sim in which I don't have to constantly glance forward to get an idea how my aircraft is moving, with my TrackIR.  I can actually dogfight, in ROF, while keeping my eyes on my enemy and/or behind me while still knowing how & where my aircraft is heading/behaving.   Without having the physical & tactile feel that would be so important. 

All other sims have more disconnect to various degrees, so I have to repeatedly lose sight to check my movement & possibly instruments because I can't get the "feel" of the movement so easily.   Pretty sure it's due to how well done the open cockpit sounds are in ROF.  Quite a wide range of air flow and aircraft noise to take cues from.  8)  Along with some pretty damn good flight physics which are very evident at near stall speeds & vertical & using heavy rudder.

Tuna

Sounds like someone is in the mood!  :bd:

Tuna

Good weekend for gaming. Got into some Assault Squad 2 Multiplayer with a friend from work. Did some fixing with FSXand got a few flights in with Pacific NW. Played a lil Total  War WH, and of course got some World of Warships in! On the TV front watched this week's Expanse (I love this show).

Gusington

Finished Alan Wake. For 5 dollah it is the best return on investment I have made in some time. But now I have no clue what to play next...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on April 03, 2017, 08:29:58 AMBut now I have no clue what to play next...

Isolation.

Do it.

The little voice in your chest is telling you to.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

I am actually saving Isolation for when the release of Covenant gets a little closer...it is imminent, though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd