Main Menu

Your MAHLER Friday

Started by Slick Wilhelm, April 27, 2017, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Friday night watched the Celtics with my son. First day home from school, and he asked me. So of course I said yes, someday I may long for one of my kids to ask me to do something with em! I miss the days when I used to Call of Duty or Battlefield with them.

Yesterday, did a lil Wasteland 2.. and last night had a murderous Waterloo session with Tactical Gamer and his friends and Asid. Jason Pratt sat in for "Play by Play"..

Don't know what is on the agenda for today.

Aftermath of last night's battle (I only had one brigade left at the end, very bad on my part).

waterloo2-043017

jamus34

Quote from: Tuna on April 30, 2017, 10:24:26 AM
Friday night watched the Celtics with my son. First day home from school, and he asked me. So of course I said yes, someday I may long for one of my kids to ask me to do something with em! I miss the days when I used to Call of Duty or Battlefield with them.

Yesterday, did a lil Wasteland 2.. and last night had a murderous Waterloo session with Tactical Gamer and his friends and Asid. Jason Pratt sat in for "Play by Play"..

Don't know what is on the agenda for today.

Aftermath of last night's battle (I only had one brigade left at the end, very bad on my part).

waterloo2-043017

"Bloody Hell"

sorry, couldn't resist ;)
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

^That is the cleanest looking battlefield I have ever seen. Looks like they are all just taking a nap.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 30, 2017, 02:13:30 PM
^That is the cleanest looking battlefield I have ever seen. Looks like they are all just taking a nap.

It would be ungentlemanly to bleed on everything.

jamus34

There were supposed to be torrents of blood...

But the Marketing people decided they wanted to release a T - rated game as M games do not sell as well ;)

Sir Slash

That's a lot of dead Frenchmen. Somebody can shoot damned good. Or is it damned well?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Listening to that match on 'radio', as it were, was fairly entertaining although sadly I had to leave before the grand finale. Did we Prussians win? If you only had one brigade left I'm inclined to think not... but the other divisions sounded like they were doing well despite three or four new players under Asid's command who, interestingly, were all LANing their side in the same room! (Not Asid.)

Meanwhile, I can't recall getting any actual gaming done this weekend (being too late to get involved in whatever debacle Tuna's snapshot represents!), but I did finish editing and compiling Ep 3 (which won't be live and linked until tomorrow sometime), as planned; and not only that but I finished editing and compiling an Ep 0 and Ep 1 of a second series!

So I'll be uploading those presently, at which time I shall speak more openly about them. They're played on Tabletop Simulator, Nefaro, so perhaps the joint application of tinkering with tabletops on a digital platform will be of some inspiration! (This leads to the question of where to post the AAR, but I may just create two threads and link to the main one from the other...)

I'm glad to be caught up on these things and thus also preparing for Turn 4 vs Barth, and Turn 2 vs... the secret opponents of my other project. It's a game I had never played before and so, naturally, will be an Absolute Newbie tutorial in the truest sense.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 30, 2017, 10:35:20 PM
Listening to that match on 'radio', as it were, was fairly entertaining although sadly I had to leave before the grand finale. Did we Prussians win? If you only had one brigade left I'm inclined to think not... but the other divisions sounded like they were doing well despite three or four new players under Asid's command who, interestingly, were all LANing their side in the same room! (Not Asid.)

Yes we won. My issue was I got to the woods/objective with my Calvary, but the French infantry were entering the woods quickly. Asid commanded me to move to the right flank. When I commanded my troops to go there, one of the divisions just ignored me. So I had one division of infantry and one of Calvary that I could command. It was my first time with Calvary so was more of a learning experience. But we won and it was fun, so that is what counts! .. I didn't realize Tactical Gamer's friends were all in the same room together. I think he was the only one that had voice.

Hofstadter

You guys wanna hear something funny.

A guy commented on a decisive campaigns Barbarossa video and called it an inferior version of HoI.

I leld

QuoteHey ;)
Have you played Hearts of Iron 3 (NOT 4) with the Black Ice mod?
DC:B just seems like an inferior version of that game to me, but it is more interesting when looking at the decisions you have to make... although they make no sense, mostly...
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

jamus34

Quote from: Hofstadter on May 01, 2017, 07:21:12 AM
You guys wanna hear something funny.

A guy commented on a decisive campaigns Barbarossa video and called it an inferior version of HoI.

I leld

That is funny, sad and insulting all at the same time

Nefaro

Quote from: jamus34 on April 30, 2017, 08:26:36 PM

But the Marketing people decided they wanted to release a T - rated game as M games do not sell as well ;)

I'm sure the tweenies are beating down the doors to purchase Scourge Of War.  Especially because it has no blood.   >:(

The negative effect maturity rating systems have on features in games and movies gives me syphilis.   :tickedoff:

At least they're not using it as an excuse to charge extra for a separate "blood pack" DLC.  :knuppel2:

jamus34

Quote from: Nefaro on May 01, 2017, 12:35:22 PM

I'm sure the tweenies are beating down the doors to purchase Scourge Of War.  Especially because it has no blood.   >:(

The negative effect maturity rating systems have on features in games and movies gives me syphilis.   :tickedoff:

At least they're not using it as an excuse to charge extra for a separate "blood pack" DLC.  :knuppel2:

Sorry man, wasn't trying to get you riled up. I imagine this genre is so niche that marketing is not high on the priority list

Nefaro

Quote from: jamus34 on May 01, 2017, 01:38:52 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 01, 2017, 12:35:22 PM

Sorry man, wasn't trying to get you riled up. I imagine this genre is so niche that marketing is not high on the priority list

Riled is my natural state!   :))