Grog Friends and Affiliates > General Staff Support Forum

Video showing the General Staff Map Editing Module

(1/2) > >>

Dr D Ezra Sidran:
You can create your own maps using the built-in tools or scan maps from books like the Official Military Atlas of the Civil War. Following up on the suggestion of a Grognard we're going to add the ability to print out maps from this module at 4X the size so they can be used for miniatures and block wargames.

panzerde:
And these maps, particularly the ones based on existing maps that you can import, really look amazing!

Finally getting a real computer Kriegspiel here.

Dr D Ezra Sidran:
I was wondering if in addition to printing out very large maps if it would be helpful if you could also print out Order of Battle unit counters?

panzerde:

--- Quote from: Dr D Ezra Sidran on May 03, 2017, 06:57:21 AM ---I was wondering if in addition to printing out very large maps if it would be helpful if you could also print out Order of Battle unit counters?

--- End quote ---

As an aid to tabletop gaming, definitely. My only concern is that adding too many features like this potentially distracts from the core of the game, and could end up over-complicating things.

Dr D Ezra Sidran:
Ah, yes! The dreaded FEATURE CREEP!

Well, printing out large scale maps is pretty easy. I don't know how hard making a PDF of the Order of Battle Tables would be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version