General Steam Sale Madness

Started by steve58, June 26, 2012, 12:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

OK, so I'm bored and don't feel like working at the moment, so decided to stir things up a bit by rumor-mongering.

Rumor (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2711515) has it, the sale may start on 6/28...or maybe next week... :D

Just checked and saw that the Summer Sale the last couple of years started on the last Thursday in June, so the 28th does look good...

Sale has started....
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

We gonna place bets on what will be on sale?

I'm guessing it's about time that Skyrim had a hefty sale price.  Probably a big-name shooter or something, too.  But I'm more concerned with the smaller companies' stuff these days.

Gusington

^That would be excellent since I just got some credit over at Steam, about 40.00 worth. 40.00 these days goes a long way there, especially during a sale.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Fetrik

I think Skyrim already have had a 25 or a 50% sale. Pretty sure it will have another during the summer sale. All in preparation for the expansion... ^^

Fighting Farmer

I saw these comments listed after a article listing Endless Space's release date being 07-04-12:

Anathem says:

Hope releasing during the Steam Summer Sale doesn't hurt their sales.

27/06/2012 at 14:12 Duffin says:

Possibly but the extra traffic coming through steam might be beneficial for them.

***27/06/2012 at 14:30 postmanmanman says:

If you hadn't heard... the sale apparently starts July 15th and goes through July 23rd this year. The dates were leaked by some indie dev on the SPUF, and then sort-of-corroborated by a few other slip-ups.

I mean, I guess it's not definite, but it's sounding like that's going to be the case.[/b][/b][/i][/i]

TheCommandTent

I am not sure my wallet nor my wife is ready for the summer Steam sale.   ;D
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Nefaro

Quote from: TheCommandTent on June 27, 2012, 07:49:36 PM
I am not sure my wallet nor my wife is ready for the summer Steam sale.   ;D

Bury them in the back yard?

:P

meadbelly

Quote from: Fighting Farmer on June 27, 2012, 04:39:44 PM

Fighting Farmer, I really hope your avatar isn't a fighter. I really, really, really hope she's a hugger.  :o

(Come to think of it, I really really really really hope she's not your wife, daughter or so. Don't mean to offend!)

Fighting Farmer

I may even consider to get married if she would be my wife.

No, its a picture of a NBA cheerleader, believe it or not.

More I think about it, I'll marry her.

meadbelly

I hope she's not a Supersonics -- whoops, I mean Thunder -- cheerleader. I would be apparently required by state law to hate her and throw starbucks coffee on myself.

steve58

Well, here are some more rumors of a summer sale, but this one is at Amazon...

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1225270p1.html
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

...well at least Steam has confirmed that there will be a sale, sometime this summer...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31503393&postcount=12880

steve58

Greenmangaming has a 25% off everything sale going this weekend.  Use code: 25OFF-ALLTH-EGAME

You can use this as often as you'd like up until it expires. When does it expire? 1100 UTC July 9th 2012 (7am ET 7/9/12).

Personally, I'm not too big a fan of GMG with yet another drm-type wrapper/shell to play their games, BUT, they do sell some games that are Steam-only, so you'll end up with a key that can be activated on Steam.  So, choose/buy wisely...

Toonces

Steam has Wargame: European Escalation on sale for $20 right now, for 20 more hours or so.  I picked it up; if anyone else wants to get it maybe we can try some MP later.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

steve58

Matrixgames is having a week-long (7/9 - 7/15) anniversary sale for Panzer Corps.  Digital download version for ~$30.

Also coming at the end of the month is the Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps expansion.