General Steam Sale Madness

Started by steve58, June 26, 2012, 12:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

Quote from: W8taminute on July 12, 2012, 12:45:29 PM
I've got the steam store is experiencing heavy load volumes.  Come back later.  :(

It's the same thing every year, every sale.
Steam never bothers to truly upgrade its infrastructure and servers, so whenever a sale comes out, Steam comes down at least partially.
So far I am able to purchase, but it is darn slow...

LongBlade

Same here.

Bombed out a couple of times as I was navigating through pages. Made the purchase, but now it's like downloading on a 9600 baud modem.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Huw the Poo

Another Steam sale where I can't spend any money; I may have got a new job but I won't get my first pay until the end of August and until then I'm absolutely skint.

I might get a single game if it's less than £5.  Currently Storm: Frontline Nation is £3.49.  What say you guys?

steve58

Amazon has Sniper Elite V2 for $14.99.  Deal runs from 7/11 through 7/15. After that, it will be on sale for $24.99 through 7/21.  Gets you a Steam code.

Beats Steam's current Summer sale price ($33.49).  Not saying Steam won't have it cheaper sometime during the sale, though....
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

LongBlade

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 12, 2012, 03:12:52 PM
Another Steam sale where I can't spend any money; I may have got a new job but I won't get my first pay until the end of August and until then I'm absolutely skint.

I might get a single game if it's less than £5.  Currently Storm: Frontline Nation is £3.49.  What say you guys?

Sorry, I don't know anything about it. Steam's storefront is bombing out. I can't even look at it there. A quick look at the game's website didn't give me much to go on as it was loading really slowly, too.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Shelldrake

I just got an email from Gamestop/Impulse that they will have 500 copies of Fall of the Samarai available starting tomorrow for $10 each. Definitely going to try to snag one of those!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on July 12, 2012, 01:23:11 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on July 12, 2012, 12:45:29 PM
I've got the steam store is experiencing heavy load volumes.  Come back later.  :(

It's the same thing every year, every sale.
Steam never bothers to truly upgrade its infrastructure and servers, so whenever a sale comes out, Steam comes down at least partially.
So far I am able to purchase, but it is darn slow...

I lost a gift sale last year, into the void, and it eventually popped back out into my 'holding area' of games a week or two later.   :-\

Meanwhile, I had purchased another copy of it while thinking that my transaction hadn't gone through after waiting around for an hour and a half for it to show up.  >:(  Lesson of the story:  If Steam chokes in the middle of your purchase, you may have a headache.

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 12, 2012, 03:12:52 PM

It was showing for $5 US here.  I was very close to pushing the button, but my play list is backed up so far I've finally given up going crazy on the sale days.  :P

I made a long (but incomplete) list of some of the popular titles that are on sale, and their prices, over at w-gamer, after muscling through some category searches.  But pretty much everything is on sale.

Grim.Reaper

Is there any easy way to view all the sales items at once?

steve58

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 12, 2012, 05:45:03 PM
Is there any easy way to view all the sales items at once?

There are a couple of sites that I use that show the current sales:

http://www.steamgamesales.com/

http://didimatic.com/dd/en/onsale/

I think they both may be still updating their info though...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

TheCommandTent

So many choice, so few monies and not nearly enough time to play them all.

Right now I am definitely getting the Sword of Islam for CKII.

Anyone else have any good suggestions.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Silent Disapproval Robot

Hmmm... Nothing I've seen so far that interests me.  All the titles on sale that I might've been interested in, I already own. 

Gusington

What do you all think of Deus Ex: Human Evolution?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd