Anyone else suffer from acidreflux/GERD?

Started by Centurion40, June 28, 2012, 05:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

So, is she to be the official Grogheads healthcare person, if so, how long before I have to wait for a visit?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

Huw the Poo

I've been too busy dealing with my own shit lately to even look at threads like these and I feel selfish. :(

Are things still going well, Cent?  I suffer from reflux myself and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy either.  However what I get sounds mild compared to what you've been through.  I tend to get it once every few months, and it will hang around for a few days before disappearing again.  It usually hits when I bend over or something.  It's absolutely bloody horrible.so I'm glad it's a relatively rare occurrence for me.

Centurion40

I'm doing ok Huw, thanks for asking and sorry to hear about your own pile of sh!t.

Things have calmed down, although I still feel as if I have been damaged by my horrible episode.  I'll be going for a scope of my esophagus and stomach, sometime before the end of the summer.

I'm trying to sleep with a pile of pillows under my head, neck and shoulders.  I've only veered-off a bland diet a couple of times and one time (a BBQ'ed pulled pork sandwich) I really suffered... but nothing as bad as 3 weeks ago.  I am losing weight, which is a good thing.

Hopefully this will all turn out to be just "one of those things" and I will completely heal from it.  But it was a horrible, horrible episode.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Centurion40 on July 16, 2012, 07:07:53 AM
Hopefully this will all turn out to be just "one of those things" and I will completely heal from it. 

Yeah I hope so too mate!  Incidentally, it can't be a coincidence that when mine strikes, it's always after I've eaten a pizza.

Centurion40

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 16, 2012, 04:23:17 PM
Hopefully this will all turn out to be just "one of those things" and I will completely heal from it. 

Yeah I hope so too mate!  Incidentally, it can't be a coincidence that when mine strikes, it's always after I've eaten a pizza.

I tried some pizza for the 1st time (in weeks) last night.  I took 20mg of Omeprazole and 150mg of Zantac 45 minutes before eating.  I made-out ok.  :)

Shelldrake

Pizza is a trigger for me too. One slice I make out ok but 2 slices and I know that I am going to pay for it later.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Centurion40

Quote from: Shelldrake on July 17, 2012, 08:18:27 AM
Pizza is a trigger for me too. One slice I make out ok but 2 slices and I know that I am going to pay for it later.

I managed 3 small slices.  No pepperoni though...  :'(

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on July 17, 2012, 07:36:39 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 16, 2012, 04:23:17 PM

I tried some pizza for the 1st time (in weeks) last night.  I took 20mg of Omeprazole and 150mg of Zantac 45 minutes before eating.  I made-out ok.  :)

Glad to hear it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Centurion40

Me too!  Thanks.

The real good news here is that I am losing weight!!

Martok

Pizza is a major trigger for my acid-reflux as well.  However, it's generally only an issue if I eat it within a certain amount of time (about 4-6 hours) before going to bed.  Therefore, if I have pizza, it's usually for lunch, not supper. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Centurion40

Quote from: Martok on July 17, 2012, 11:29:19 AM
Pizza is a major trigger for my acid-reflux as well.  However, it's generally only an issue if I eat it within a certain amount of time (about 4-6 hours) before going to bed.  Therefore, if I have pizza, it's usually for lunch, not supper.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that that I can get away with a lot, so long as it is for lunch.