Main Menu

zombie shooter

Started by mikeck, July 11, 2012, 07:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Toonces, I'm a bit confused. Seems to be two different auto.installers....Worrom and six updater...which one did you use?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Toonces

Hmmm....I'm not sure.  I downloaded like 6 or 7 files and installed it that way.  It was quite a while ago.

Here are the installation instructions I posted a while back:

Install ARMA 2.
Start ARMA 2, start a mission, close ARMA 2.
Install Operation Arrowhead INTO THE SAME FOLDER as ARMA 2.  This will create a shortcut called "Combined Operations".
Patch Op Arrowhead to version 1.6 (very important!).  This will install the lite versions of PMC and Brits.  You need these to get Day Z to work.
Start "Combined Operations".  Start a mission.  Exit from mission and Op Arrowhead.
Then create the @DayZ/Addons folder.  Copy/paste all of the unzipped DayZ files into there (should be 14 total).
Start Combined Operations.  Ensure the @DayZ mod is enabled.  Exit C Ops.
Finally, create your shortcut and edit the point so that it has "-nosplash -mod=@Dayz" and you should be good to go.  You have to do every one of these steps in the order I said.  If you miss a step, you have to uninstall and start over.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mikeck

Ok...seems they have an auto installer system buy I'm having trouble. Some other system as well. Trying both. If they don't work, i will clean up everything via steam and do it manually. One other question...can I drop.into any server or are there invites required? I kinda want to drop.into the world and roam around without having to talk to.people.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Toonces

There should be dozens of servers available you can drop into without an invite (I like the Dallas series servers). 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mikeck

Man, installing with six updated was a breeze. Auto install basically. Problem is that the new beta is bugged and gives a waiting message indefinitely...hoping for an update

Fetrik

I think you need to update Arma.

"Developer's Note:
      * Make sure you run ArmA2 Beta build 94759 or above"

mikeck

I have it on steam....shouldn't it auto update?

Fetrik

It wont install beta patches. Check DayZ forums for steam issues. I got the GG version.

mikeck

Ok. Downloads it from atomic gamer. That did the trick! Now I have to figure out how to play arma.
I can drop.into any server and its the same "world" right

Fetrik

Pretty much. There are a few who aren't connnected to the hive, but i think most say so in the server name. Now remember to not try to connect to a "old" server or you may lose your gear. You propably will one way or another anyway. Try not to get too attached to gear, the hunt for new gear is fun.

Link to a map i tab to. http://dayzdb.com/map
See what kind of server you prefer, i'm not any good but i still prefer to play on servers without more crutches. I noticed that most ppl like to use 3rd person so the servers that do not allow that most times seem to have free slots. Why would i wanna play with people that can peek around corners without sticking out their head anyway?

jomni

1st person makes me puke.  So I go 3rd person when I get dizzy. 
But 1st person has advantages as well.  No 3d model head blocking your view.

mikeck

Wtf is up with the "Benny hill" über speed on the aggro-ing zombies? Not very Romero-like

Steelgrave

Quote from: Nefaro on July 11, 2012, 09:56:21 PM
The Romero mod for Fort Zombie would make it better, sounds like.

I got scared of playing that game because even though it has bad graphics from 2001, that made my eyes ache since it's also in 3D, it ran my video card extremely hot.   That and some of the 'special' zombies were kinda dumb I thought (but the Romero mod would fix that I guess). 

Personally, I prefer an isometric view for my RPGs so I play Project Zomboid over that one, even though it's only in an early beta stage.  I'm pretty sure they're both dirt cheap, though, so trying both is always an option.  :D

Got a link or directions to the Romero mod? Sounds just like what  Fort Zombie needs.

Deadskin

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on July 16, 2012, 01:22:11 AM
1st person makes me puke.  So I go 3rd person when I get dizzy. 
But 1st person has advantages as well.  No 3d model head blocking your view.

I'm guessing the base game has some ignorantly small Field Of View, then?   That's what makes me ill in most 1st person shooters these days - the FOV doesn't fit into my widescreen resolution, and thus my perceived field of vision, properly.  Brain expects to see a specific FOV + f'd up game FOV shows something smaller = headache, nausea when moving view.

>:(