Post Scriptum - Operation Market Garden Shooter

Started by Jarhead0331, January 07, 2018, 01:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Very early access, but combat seems like it will be "satisfying".

http://postscriptumgame.com/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/736220/Post_Scriptum/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

mirth

Wow. Only watched a few minutes so far, but the weapons modeling is amazing.

Not sure it's smart to throw a potato masher into a second story window though. Good way to have bounce back into your face if you miss.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Father Ted

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 07, 2018, 01:22:58 PM
darn...seems multiplayer only:(

Yeah - it's a mod of Squad.  As such, I'm really looking forward to it, but no joy for the single-player crowd.

mirth

Quote from: Father Ted on January 07, 2018, 01:41:24 PM

Yeah - it's a mod of Squad.  As such, I'm really looking forward to it, but no joy for the single-player crowd.

:'(
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Father Ted on January 07, 2018, 01:41:24 PM

This is not a "mod" of squad as far I can tell. Although, the concept is obviously similar.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

RyanE

That first Jeep scene looked like the Jeep was a hover car.  Wish my car rode that smooth on the road, let alone cross country.

Skoop

This started as a mod for squad but I think it has grown into a stand alone game. 

jomni

Weird name. I know... we complain about generic war game names.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on January 07, 2018, 08:20:00 PM
Weird name. I know... we complain about generic war game names.

Watch the video. The developers explain the name...doesn't make it any less awkward, though...lol
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

MengJiao

Quote from: Skoop on January 07, 2018, 07:43:27 PM
This started as a mod for squad but I think it has grown into a stand alone game.

The designers mention using various aspects of the squad "core" so it has some definite relation to squad.  In any case it looks promising!

Destraex

Operation Market Garden FPS shooter. It certainly looks good. But I am not interested if it is not better than RO2 at the very least where realism and fidelity is concerned. That is where I set the bar. If this was just Heroes and Generals again... it's a no go.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jomni

Quote from: Destraex on January 08, 2018, 04:05:23 AM
Operation Market Garden FPS shooter. It certainly looks good. But I am not interested if it is not better than RO2 at the very least where realism and fidelity is concerned. That is where I set the bar. If this was just Heroes and Generals again... it's a no go.

Squad is a pretty realistic modern combat shooter. You can't see who's shooting at you and die easily. ;)
Squad had pretty elaborate radio communications. But WW2 should be simple shouting.

Destraex

They say "Post Scriptum is a WW2 simulation game, focusing on historical accuracy, large scale battle, difficult learning curve and an intense need for cohesion, communication and teamwork. "
I am now officially excited.

P.S. Ww2 has radios dammit! But during market garden the british had endless trouble with their ones iirc!
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on January 08, 2018, 04:49:10 AM
They say "Post Scriptum is a WW2 simulation game, focusing on historical accuracy, large scale battle, difficult learning curve and an intense need for cohesion, communication and teamwork. "
I am now officially excited.

P.S. Ww2 has radios dammit! But during market garden the british had endless trouble with their ones iirc!

I don't know anything about modern radio nets, but simulating a WWII radio net would be a game in itself.