Post Scriptum - Operation Market Garden Shooter

Started by Jarhead0331, January 07, 2018, 01:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Hofstadter on April 23, 2018, 09:11:03 PMTo be fair. Squad is like...the best alpha. I play it almost every day

It just doesn't feel like they're making progress on the game. It almost feels like the developers work on Squad as a side

Silent Disapproval Robot

That's one of excitable guy there!  Hope they've got a mute button.

jomni

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 02, 2018, 05:36:38 PM

Haha. You know YouTube personalities are like this most of the time.

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on May 02, 2018, 07:53:59 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 02, 2018, 05:36:38 PM

Haha. You know YouTube personalities are like this most of the time.

Seems like he spent a lot of time shooting about three feet low.

Hofstadter

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on April 25, 2018, 08:24:55 PM
Quote from: Hofstadter on April 23, 2018, 09:11:03 PMTo be fair. Squad is like...the best alpha. I play it almost every day

It just doesn't feel like they're making progress on the game. It almost feels like the developers work on Squad as a side

They just released v11 for public testing. British forces yo!
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Destraex

This may have already been said. But I don't think their is any AI in post scriptum. Does anybody know of any plans for AI?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Skoop

Squad doesn't have bots so I would be shocked if this did.  I'd like to see bots in both these games for practice sake.

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Hofstadter on May 03, 2018, 05:38:11 AM

More kit or cosmetics is not what the game needs.

More details and a better meta is what the game needs, starting with an actual damage model for inf and vehicles, rather than a hit point system.

Destraex

Apocalypse are you saying this has arcade like damage models?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Hofstadter

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on May 03, 2018, 12:35:20 PM
Quote from: Hofstadter on May 03, 2018, 05:38:11 AM

More kit or cosmetics is not what the game needs.

More details and a better meta is what the game needs, starting with an actual damage model for inf and vehicles, rather than a hit point system.

They implemented that today.

I will defend squad to the death O_______________________________O
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Hofstadter
They implemented that today.

I will defend squad to the death O_______________________________O

Thankfully this isn't life or death.

From 4 MAY change log:
QuoteVehicle Armor Locational Damage
All vehicles now have more defined armor values IE: an APC will have more armor on its front, less on its sides, and very vulnerable in the back. This first take will loosely reflect more closely real-world characteristics, as well as create more depth to the AT role.

I guess that's a good start, but the Infantry (the core of the game) still has wonky models. You either get wounded or instantly killed. No damage to body parts, limping, or tertiary effects.

In three years I've had very few good experiences with Squad that I don't think will change with Post Scriptum.

Limited servers

There's no 'friend' system, so you rarely get the chance to be in the same Squad or even Team as your buddies when you hon a server

You are at the whim of a terrible Squad Leader that doesn't understand the game systems or you have a squad that doesnt want to work together

Repsawn system is AWFUL, specifically respawn timers. Your character is fickle and dies easily. Why make okayers wait over a minute to respawn ?  I don't want to wait 90 seconds to respawn. I want to enjoy the game, not sit at my computer staring at a blank screen for 90 seconds at a time.

Boggit

If the Bren gun is like the real life one, then in the hands of a skilled marksman it should be super accurate. I've actually seen it used on British army ranges - fired single shot at 300m it can get repeated bulls eyes - even clipping the previous bullet hole with a second bullet, and it's pretty good at 600m too. Burst - it is ideal for urban combat, as the beaten zone isn't very big, but is ideal for putting a lot of fire in on a window, or doorway. In the field, the beaten zone isn't wide enough to give good suppression fire, which is why the British army adopted the GPMG to replace the Bren.

I'd love to know what people make of the Bren gun in this game - in city fights it should be more useful than the MG42 for the reasons given.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Boggit on May 08, 2018, 03:23:24 AM
If the Bren gun is like the real life one, then in the hands of a skilled marksman it should be super accurate. I've actually seen it used on British army ranges - fired single shot at 300m it can get repeated bulls eyes - even clipping the previous bullet hole with a second bullet, and it's pretty good at 600m too. Burst - it is ideal for urban combat, as the beaten zone isn't very big, but is ideal for putting a lot of fire in on a window, or doorway. In the field, the beaten zone isn't wide enough to give good suppression fire, which is why the British army adopted the GPMG to replace the Bren.

I'd love to know what people make of the Bren gun in this game - in city fights it should be more useful than the MG42 for the reasons given.
30 round mag goes pretty damn quick though  :'(
Alba gu' brath

Boggit

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 08, 2018, 04:58:40 AM
Quote from: Boggit on May 08, 2018, 03:23:24 AM

30 round mag goes pretty damn quick though  :'(
True. :(

In burst mode you'd probably fire no more than 3 rounds on the average. On the other hand your can just hose down an area with a GPMG.

IIRC, when you were using the Bren you'd probably take around 8 mags with you, plus a box to reload the mags. Even so, you soon get through those mags.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat