Steel Fury 1942 STA 3.3 Mod

Started by Jarhead0331, July 21, 2018, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

Weird. I donated through PayPal a few weeks ago and heard nothing from them. Did you pay using a credit card through PayPal or through a PayPal bank account or whatever it's called? I used a cc.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Jarhead0331

Quote from: WallysWorld on July 24, 2018, 03:51:19 PM
Weird. I donated through PayPal a few weeks ago and heard nothing from them. Did you pay using a credit card through PayPal or through a PayPal bank account or whatever it's called? I used a cc.

I paid using funds in my PayPal wallet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tuna

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 24, 2018, 01:35:24 PM
I hate to post this, but I have to recommend that nobody donate for this mod through paypal until an issue gets sorted. I made two small donations last week and PayPal has flagged my account by placing limitations on how I can use it. They say this for my security, but they want me to provide some pretty ridiculous information and documentation in order to restore my account to full access, which I think is really unreasonable. I have not yet confirmed that it has to do with the mod, but it is the only "unusual" transaction I've made with the account...unusual in that it was sending money to an individual located in a foreign country.

I'm not suggesting that there is anything about this mod that is fraudulent, but there is something about these guys, or their location in the world that PayPal does not like. I'll post more info. when I have it. I'm on hold with PayPal now.

Sounds like a 'phishing' email.. 100% certain it's from paypal?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tuna on July 24, 2018, 04:50:28 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 24, 2018, 01:35:24 PM
I hate to post this, but I have to recommend that nobody donate for this mod through paypal until an issue gets sorted. I made two small donations last week and PayPal has flagged my account by placing limitations on how I can use it. They say this for my security, but they want me to provide some pretty ridiculous information and documentation in order to restore my account to full access, which I think is really unreasonable. I have not yet confirmed that it has to do with the mod, but it is the only "unusual" transaction I've made with the account...unusual in that it was sending money to an individual located in a foreign country.

I'm not suggesting that there is anything about this mod that is fraudulent, but there is something about these guys, or their location in the world that PayPal does not like. I'll post more info. when I have it. I'm on hold with PayPal now.

Sounds like a 'phishing' email.. 100% certain it's from paypal?

Yes. My account was restricted and spoke with them directly.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Tuna

How did you make out with the Paypal thing? Did you get a definitive answer on why they clamped down?

JasonPratt

Necro-tank ARISE!!

...just curious about the state of the mod, download locations, etc.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 29, 2020, 06:00:52 PM
Necro-tank ARISE!!

...just curious about the state of the mod, download locations, etc.  O:-)

There are no download locations. You have to go to the forum and PM the mod maker and make a "donation". He then responds with the download links/codes. The latest version of the mod is 3.4. I have 3.3.

http://stasf2008.forumotion.com/t805-stasteel-tank-add-on-3-4
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

Oh, okay, so previously there was a free version of 1.2, and then 2.2 with Japanese kit, but now there isn't? It's just go straight to the dev now?

That'll simplify things!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 30, 2020, 09:35:45 AM
Oh, okay, so previously there was a free version of 1.2, and then 2.2 with Japanese kit, but now there isn't? It's just go straight to the dev now?

That'll simplify things!  O0

I'm not sure. The mod has come a long way since 1.2 - 2.2.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

Of course. I was just recalling earlier in the thread about how the dev wanted people to try 1.2 or 2.2 first, then upgrade to the latest -- but getting those earlier ones started getting wonky.

So I could totally understand him stopping that since then.

I'll get around to checking with him soon.

Pete Dero

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 30, 2020, 12:59:13 PM
Of course. I was just recalling earlier in the thread about how the dev wanted people to try 1.2 or 2.2 first, then upgrade to the latest -- but getting those earlier ones started getting wonky.

If you like to try 1.0 that one is still available together with some other files you will need (SSM, GMP, ... )

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tawqydkci66dd/STA

Pete Dero

For those who would like to try the game with a low investment in money : https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SFURY/steel-fury-kharkov-1942 (3,74 € for the next 13 hours)

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 02, 2020, 03:01:59 AM
For those who would like to try the game with a low investment in money : https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SFURY/steel-fury-kharkov-1942 (3,74 € for the next 13 hours)

...and now hit purchase button.  Thanks!

hellfish6

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 30, 2020, 01:16:00 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on January 30, 2020, 12:59:13 PM

If you like to try 1.0 that one is still available together with some other files you will need (SSM, GMP, ... )

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tawqydkci66dd/STA

Sorry, just seeing this now - is there a quick how to install it all?