Steam Summer Sale is Over - Whatcha Get

Started by Fighting Farmer, July 23, 2012, 05:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Yeah, I'd love to have Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion but I'm not paying £25 for a goddamn expansion.

jomni

Got Left 4 Dead 2.  So so game. 

Tpek

List of games:

* All Zombies must Die bundle:
- All Zombies must die + soundtrack
- Burn Zombie Burn
- AZND Scorepocalypse

* Bunch of Heroes + "Horror" skins DLC

*  Hitman Blood Money

* Telltale bundle:
- The Next Big Thing
- Yesterday
- Runaway A Road Trip (already owned via retail)
- Runaway Dream of the Turtle (already owned via retail)
- Runaway Twist of Fate (already owned via retail)

* Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2

* Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery EP

* The Walking Dead

* Ys Origin

Arctic Blast

Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 23, 2012, 11:17:17 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on July 23, 2012, 11:06:11 PM
You guys call those lists?! Shameful!  ;D

Call of Duty : Black Ops, Spec Ops : The Line, Hard Reset, Sniper Elite 2, Binary Domain, some Shogun Total War 2 DLC, Choplifter HD and the extra helos DLC packs, Alan Wake, Both Dead Island DLC packs, The Walking Dead, Kohan Warchest, Trine 2, Binding of Isaac DLC, Krater, Rayman Origins, Alpha Protocol, Tropico 4 DLC, Sins of a Solar Empire : Trinity, Galactic Civ 2 : Ultimate Edition, Frozen Synapse : Red DLC and Hegemony Gold. I also gifted 2 copies of Renegade Ops with DLC, one copy of Tropico 4, 2 of Frozen Synapse and 2 of Bastion. And had Shoot Many Robots and Universe Sandbox gifted to me.

We bow before the master....  ::)

Woohoo! I win at spending my money!

Wait...

Oh.  :( ;)

JudgeDredd

^yep - you win!  ;D

I was very restrained because I'm on holiday next month, I just bought Thunderbolt Apache Leader boardgame and I have my army reunion in 2 weeks - and that always costs a shed load of money.

So I bought
Train Simulator 2012 (don't ask)
Fallout New Vegas

I wanted others - but like I said I have an expensive month ahead!
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 25, 2012, 02:04:38 AM
Train Simulator 2012 (don't ask)

Train Simulator is such an eye candy.  That's a money sucker as well.  Did you get any add-ons?

JudgeDredd

Part of the reason I justified buying it was because it came with addons. I don't know how many are out there, but I think it came with about 6 addons. In total, the package at full price was £150 - and I got it for £30.

I just thought it would be something different. It's not engrossing or frenetic - but it has a charm. A bit like MS Flight Simulator I think..."things to do" are short, but there's "something" there

I did start a "campaign" - but got fed up bolting through a point that I had not registered and therefore the brakes kicked in. Where there are caution points, you go over a connector(?) and it sets an alarm off in the cab. You then have to click a button to say you acknowledge the caution...well if you are using an outside view, you do not get the loud warning noise - and you miss pressing the button - and therefore you're emergency brakes come on...and that kills your score. I basically done this about 4 times on a 90 minute train journey - and gave up...not out of frustration, but because I wasn't paying attention and therefore missing these points.

I do find navigating your way through yards to be very complicated. Sometimes (from what I gather) you have to manually change tracks - and sometimes the zoom feature cannot zoom out enough with enough detail to allow you to navigate the yard well enough.

Anyhoo...it's alright. Like I said - it has a charm to it. It's feels quite rewarding doing a "mission" correctly.
Alba gu' brath

bob48

I'm sticking with Trainz Classic 3, since I have a lot of time invested in it, although I may get T12 next time its on special.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!