Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Started by FlickJax, January 27, 2020, 02:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlickJax

Guys, is this any good?  On offer at the moment.

FlickJax

bboyer66

Played it and I just stopped. It was buggy, had to micromanage spell casting, combat was unbalnced,story was shit. Lets put it this way, I love RPGs  like this, but this just did not do it for me.
If it is dirt cheap, I would give it a go though. Who knows? Tastes differ.

FlickJax

Sir Slash

There have been some updates since it first came out. Check out the YouTube reviews, they're pretty positive.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

This guy appreciated the efforts the developers have put in patching and improving the game and now he likes it more than Divinity: Original Sin 2.

PS I don't have the game and need to start playing Divinity.

Sir Slash

WOW! I think he likes it.  :wow:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FlickJax

cheers guys, will think on it and watch the vids

LoganismyHERO

Was interested in this too, but it looks like the 60% off isn't active anymore.

Martok

Pathfinder: Kingmaker seems to be a "love it or hate it" type of game.  It's actually on my wishlist, but I keep holding off (in part because I already have so many other games still to play). 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

RedArgo

Quote from: Martok on January 27, 2020, 01:40:37 PM
It's actually on my wishlist, but I keep holding off (in part because I already have so many other games still to play).

Exactly where I'm at.  Trying to finish BG2 EE Throne of Bhaal, still have Pillars of Eternity and Skyrim to play in the RPG realm, plus several dozen non-RPG games that are in the queue of likely to never to be played.

Pete Dero

LoganismyHERO

Thanks Pete

Picking this up tonight

-budd-

Bold statement , better than Divinity 2, I'll have to take a look. The original  Divinity was one of my favorites, haven't finished 2 yet or gotten very far into Skyrim yet either.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

LoganismyHERO

Picked this up a couple nights ago, and I love it. Got the turn based mode. Fun as hell. Reminds me of the older BG games.